What film did you watch last night?

The Company Men

Dull, predictable, depressing.

It just didn't really go anywhere. A bunch of rich guys lose their jobs due to the poorly performing economy and have to face up to scrambling in the rat like most other people. The main role (Affleck) is a rich businessman who loses his job then gets a reality check when his family fails to pay mortgage payments and his kid can't have an xbox (boo hoo). He sends his CV to loads of companies and then finally gets another job. End of story.

Oh yeah there is a little bit more to it I guess. Afflecks brother-in-law (Kev Costner) teaches him some morality, which is the underlying and obvious message in the film. Affleck is a jerk at first when Costner offers him a job as a labourer, he scoffs at this offer like it is beneath him. Then when he finds his son has sold his Xbox, through fear that the family can't afford it, he swallows humble pie and goes crawling back to Costner, who turns out to be making a loss by employing Affleck anyway - hero. Tommy Lee Jones also has some kind of reality check when he sees he is making millions as a CEO when so many people around him are being made redundant (a highly unlikely story).

Overall, a grey film with no drama and the underlying message is just presented in such cringe factor. 3/10

Just make sure you don't go in with 'comparison mode' switched on. I imagine there will be a lot of that this week with the oh so obvious reviews of "Not as good as Shaun or Fuzz".... blah blah blah. :)

Ah I won't, I make sure not to do that so I'm not expecting anything, as a lot of people do that then moan about the film, instead of enjoying it!

The Firm was on film 4 last night.

No need to trawl a film from the network drive. The Firms a class apart, body, style and action.

Cruise takes the lead, but two outstanding supports from Jeanne Tripplehorn and Gene Hackman take away equal thunder. Holly Hunter (fantastic), Ed Harris, Garry Busey... a casting tour de force normaly reserved for a Steven Sodderberg effort.

Not everybody agree's i know, a large camp of those being fans of the original novel

One of my top 20 films reguardless.

just watched warrior again. my favourite film. 11/10

Look at me! Look at me! Why are we here, Brendan? Why are we here? Are we here to win this fight? You tell me, ’cause if we’re not, I’ll throw in the towel right now. We’ll get Tess and we will go home. You don’t knock him out, you lose the fight. Understand me? You don’t knock him out, you don’t have a home.

sends shivers down my back everytime!

Due to my addiction to Kerbal Space Program and the Mrs never seeing it we sat down and watched Apollo 13 last night. Cracking film, I had forgotten how good it was.

just watched warrior again. my favourite film. 11/10

Look at me! Look at me! Why are we here, Brendan? Why are we here? Are we here to win this fight? You tell me, ’cause if we’re not, I’ll throw in the towel right now. We’ll get Tess and we will go home. You don’t knock him out, you lose the fight. Understand me? You don’t knock him out, you don’t have a home.

sends shivers down my back everytime!

Really like it as well, I think my favourite part is when Tommy first gets into the ring at the gym. :D

The Imaginarium of Dr Parnasuss.

1/10.

Utter utter drivel which is a shame as I normally love Gilliam films.

Terrible script, awful acting with bad characters and zero humour, its honestly been years since I've hated a film this much.

The Firm was on film 4 last night.

No need to trawl a film from the network drive. The Firms a class apart, body, style and action.

Cruise takes the lead, but two outstanding supports from Jeanne Tripplehorn and Gene Hackman take away equal thunder. Holly Hunter (fantastic), Ed Harris, Garry Busey... a casting tour de force normaly reserved for a Steven Sodderberg effort.

Not everybody agree's i know, a large camp of those being fans of the original novel

One of my top 20 films reguardless.

Cracking film - although (as usual) the book is loads better!!!

Only God Forgives 3/10

One of the worst films I can remember watching for a long time, kind of got to the end wondering what the hell I had just watched.

My Boss's Daughter

I was after something a bit stupid and reasonably amusing (even American Pie would have done the trick!). It was utterly idiotic and not even slightly amusing. Awful, awful film.

1/10.

Back
Top Bottom