What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Just been to see Now You See Me.

Pretty slick film, slightly predictable twist, and all in all felt a bit hollow for me. I didn't really like any of the characters. Imagine an Ocean's Eleven sort of thing but with less charm. Great ensemble cast but wasted I think. 5/10.

Soldato
The World's End - 7/10

It had a bit of a weird tone at the beginning, but once they started getting drunk, it quickly improved.

The bit where Nick Frost punches through the door as he's leaving a pub was just so funny. My favourite part of the film, besides the name calling at the end... :D

Soldato
Oblivion - 5/10

Predictable to the point I found myself surfing while watching it in the background. I didn't mind the idea even though it's been done to death several times before.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Dark knight rises for the 2nd time, I still feel the same way about the movie from when it was released, the bit onwards when Wayne returns from the pit is excellent but the movie up to that point just felt hollow like it was going thought the motions :(

Associate
Oblivion - 5/10

Predictable to the point I found myself surfing while watching it in the background. I didn't mind the idea even though it's been done to death several times before.

+1

I might've given it 6/10 if it hadn't been half an hour longer than it needed to be.

Just got back from the cinema where I saw "Now You See Me". First half was very enjoyable, second half, not so much, and it was way to patronising in that American way where they over explain everything.
I don't always have to see a flash back of something that was just explained it words, particularly not when it was obvious to start with!
6/10 because I wasn't bored and the cast are pretty good.

Associate
Harry Brown - 6/10. Decent enough but the story felt rushed and the premise was unrealistic.
Fermat's Room - 6/10. A poor man's version of Cube(1997). The 'bad guy' was obvious from very early on and it was difficult to like any of the four mathematicians. Having said that it kept me entertained during it's run time.

Soldato
Only God Forgives - I'm still waiting for it to get going.....It was only about an hour and a half long but all story progression and action could have been squeezed into about 15 minutes, the rest is just pointless arty stuff (IMO).

2.5/10

Soldato
Dark knight rises for the 2nd time, I still feel the same way about the movie from when it was released, the bit onwards when Wayne returns from the pit is excellent but the movie up to that point just felt hollow like it was going thought the motions :(

Yep I agree with this.
It felt like 2 different movies.
The first part of the movie was fannying around a lot, going at a slow pace.
The next part had a faster pace and was more geared to a comic book character.

The major problem with the first part of the movie was the fact that Batman was on crutches and wasnt "Batman".

Overall I liked his more than The Dark Knight - which was far too long. They should've ended the movie after the Joker was dealt with, but instead they continued on with Aaran Eckhart's character.

By the way, what happened to 2 face? Did he die in the movie...I can't remember? It was 5 years ago and by then I just wanted the movie to end.

Soldato
OP
Oblivion - 7.5/10 - Predictable (I predicted one of the twists in the first few minutes) but looked fantastic, well acted and generally just a well made sci-fi if lacking a bit of originality.

Only God Forgives - 2/10 - The 2 was for the fight scene, otherwise terrible, terrible movie. Literally about 4-5 shots last 5 mins each of the camera just focusing on Ryan Gosling. He does the strong silent type well but this was ****.

Associate
Oblivion - 7.5/10 - Predictable (I predicted one of the twists in the first few minutes) but looked fantastic, well acted and generally just a well made sci-fi if lacking a bit of originality.

Only God Forgives - 2/10 - The 2 was for the fight scene, otherwise terrible, terrible movie. Literally about 4-5 shots last 5 mins each of the camera just focusing on Ryan Gosling. He does the strong silent type well but this was ****.

worst film ive seen all year, made no sense at all

Back
Top Bottom