What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Now you see me 7/10

Not a bad movie at all, and a nice change from what I've been seeing usually!

I personally quite like the Stallone version, but there again I've never particularly bothered with the Dredd mythology (or taken any notice of it at all). As an action film, it's entertaining, and in true Stallone fashion, it's got some nice cheesy one liners in :p

Soldato
'95 Dredd?

If you don't know the mythology, it's a fairly entertaining (and incredibly camp) flick.

If you do know the mythology, you'd be booing like me and the rest of the 2000AD nerds did at the cinema :D

It has it's plus points (City design/Angel gang/Better story), but as far as an accurate portrayal of the title character goes... No.

The new film has a much lower budget and a relatively poor/weak story, but it does nail the character of Dredd which is more important to fans like me.

Look at it as just another day in the life of the toughest judge in the big Meg, not a 'Tom Cruise saves the city' style extravaganza.

Soldato
The new film has a much lower budget and a relatively poor/weak story, but it does nail the character of Dredd which is more important to fans like me.

I would say that it [Dredd] has a much simpler story ... NOT weak story.
Put simply, 2 judges go into a huge building (city).
The building gets locked down - no one goes. No one goes out.
The bad guys are out to kill them.
They have to survive the night and get reinforcements, to get the building re-opened.

Its basically Die Hard.

Soldato
I would say that it [Dredd] has a much simpler story ... NOT weak story.
Put simply, 2 judges go into a huge building (city).
The building gets locked down - no one goes. No one goes out.
The bad guys are out to kill them.
They have to survive the night and get reinforcements, to get the building re-opened.

Its basically Die Hard.

Yeah, pretty much.

I was happy with it being a day in the life rather than a Judgement Day type epic, although that'd make for an awesome trilogy given the budget.

Caporegime
I personally quite like the Stallone version, but there again I've never particularly bothered with the Dredd mythology (or taken any notice of it at all). As an action film, it's entertaining, and in true Stallone fashion, it's got some nice cheesy one liners in :p

i prefer the stallone version myself and actually think he makes a great dredd.

Caporegime
'95 Dredd?

If you don't know the mythology, it's a fairly entertaining (and incredibly camp) flick.

If you do know the mythology, you'd be booing like me and the rest of the 2000AD nerds did at the cinema :D

It has it's plus points (City design/Angel gang/Better story), but as far as an accurate portrayal of the title character goes... No.

Look at it as just another day in the life of the toughest judge in the big Meg, not a 'Tom Cruise saves the city' style extravaganza.

I hated the new DREDD, All the characters were loathsome and the 3D terrible:mad:

Soldato
Mud, very very good, feel good, not so good movie about growing up and becoming a man, coincidentally how not to deal with women hehe. Favourite line "come on hard on" which I genuinely chuckled too.

8.5/10

Back
Top Bottom