What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Batman Begins (2005)

The first time I watched this I would have given it 9 or 10. After watching for the 3rd time I picked up on some minor annoyances, like the "summoning of the bats" which isn't really explained. Some of the action scenes and fight scenes really aren't all that. They lack any detail and didn't really grip me on the edge of my seat. The continuous gassing of the cast at close range, when the perpetrator is unaffected.

There is a lot more cheese in the dialogue than what I first realised, I imagined the film was much darker and edgier. I think this is because of how the 2nd and 3rd played out. These are all just minor grievances that, when compared to Dark Knight and Rises, you realise how much more refined the sequels were.

I still love this film. It is great, I would watch again, and again. 7.5/10

Soldato
Batman Begins (2005)

The first time I watched this I would have given it 9 or 10. After watching for the 3rd time I picked up on some minor annoyances, like the "summoning of the bats" which isn't really explained. Some of the action scenes and fight scenes really aren't all that. They lack any detail and didn't really grip me on the edge of my seat. The continuous gassing of the cast at close range, when the perpetrator is unaffected.

There is a lot more cheese in the dialogue than what I first realised, I imagined the film was much darker and edgier. I think this is because of how the 2nd and 3rd played out. These are all just minor grievances that, when compared to Dark Knight and Rises, you realise how much more refined the sequels were.

I still love this film. It is great, I would watch again, and again. 7.5/10

Yeah, Scarecrow turning up on a horse was hilariously random and why didn't the microwave emitter boil people too? :D

Still love it though.

Soldato
I just watched the conjuring after reading so many good reviews about it on imdb....yet it was pretty gash. Big silly 'scary' faces here n there, crappy effects and just the worst ending ever. Honestly i cant fathom how people put it in the leagues with exorcist and poltergeist......

...seriously.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The Brave One

Jodie Foster plays a radio talk show host who encounters a life changing event and has to come to terms with what's happened and what she's going to do about it. It's very dark and very gripping. The shooting scenes leave nothing hidden from the camera, gun shot wounds are in your face and her performance is top of the class given the way her character has to emotionally change from two extremes in such a short apace of time

Soldato
White House Down - 6.5

Well as one'd expect its just like "Olympus has Fallen" but has a bit more "grand" things like big explosions filled with glorious cgi and a bit (and at same point hell of a lot) more cheesy. The last scene had all 8 people in the cinema laughing at the absurdity.

Wait for dvd and rent it when you have absolutely nothing else to do, it's like trashy die hard.

Soldato
Just finished TALK RADIO (1988)

A late night talk show host called Barry Champlain (Champlagne?) based at a Dallas radio station is offered a chance to syndicate his show across the whole of America, however he is also catching the attention of some nefarious people.

Oliver Stone provides a direction for this movie that is part Neil Simon and part Woody Allen with Stones own edge coming through towards the end.
Eric Bogosian written and masterfully starred in this wonderfully dark look at the relationship between the host and the audience and how easily the lines can be blurred.
Other notable turns include Michael Wincott as a Rock'n'Roll stoner, Alec Baldwin as the station manager and John C. McGinley as the shows engineer.

To say that I enjoyed every second of it would be a real understatement.

9.5/10

Last edited:
Soldato
kick ass. had been meaning to watch it for ages so was a nice surprise to see it was on tv.
thought it was brilliant - very Scott Pilgrim esque but less stylised and more violent. how on earth it was given a 15 cert beggars belief.

Soldato
Pacific Rim - IMAX 3D - 7/10

Great action and CGI. The larger IMAX screen was perfect for this kind of movie.
Story was good enough.
Acting was some of the worst I've ever seen. Bad to the point I switched off during most of the dialogue.

The 3D didn't annoy me too much and worked quite well in most of the scenes, although I think it's still a gimmick.

Back
Top Bottom