What film did you watch last night?

Oblivion

Pleasantly surprised, though I felt some of the other characters could have been given more screen time to help fill the film out.

Bit action, some nice visual realisation.

7.5/10

The Host

Good grief but that was one of the most boring films I have watched. Tedious dialogue and very little else.

3/10

Soldato
The Intouchables (UK: Untouchable)

After he becomes a quadriplegic from a paragliding accident, an aristocrat hires a young man from the projects to be his caretaker.

Just watched this on sky. French film with subtitles.

Honestly - one of the best films i've ever seen. Poignant, funny, emotional, the script is a masterpiece of comedy writing, and however good the rest of the cast is, the central duo is magical. the film must be experienced. Genuinely laugh out loud at some of the jokes and moments in the film.

This movies is so simple, humane, deep. It's about what should happen more often, great friendship between two so different persons who are able to go beyond prejudices and stereotypes.

Superb - 9.5/10. In my all time top 5 movies.

Associate
In Time - 7/10. Good sci-fi'ish film with a cool concept.

Dredd - 6/10. Brain off. EXPLOSIONS.

Contraband - 7/10. Always liked Marc Wahlburg. Without him I would have rated this abit lower.

Associate
The Intouchables (UK: Untouchable)

Just watched this on sky. French film with subtitles.

Honestly - one of the best films i've ever seen. Poignant, funny, emotional, the script is a masterpiece of comedy writing, and however good the rest of the cast is, the central duo is magical. the film must be experienced. Genuinely laugh out loud at some of the jokes and moments in the film.

This movies is so simple, humane, deep. It's about what should happen more often, great friendship between two so different persons who are able to go beyond prejudices and stereotypes.

Superb - 9.5/10. In my all time top 5 movies.

Agreed, this is a superb film, a real gem!

The Hobbit (2013) - About the third time I've watched it, but found it hard going this time. I'm currently reading the enhanced version of the book and Peter Jackson is a master at stretching out a story!

7/10

Soldato
Batman Begins (2005)

The first time I watched this I would have given it 9 or 10. After watching for the 3rd time I picked up on some minor annoyances, like the "summoning of the bats" which isn't really explained. Some of the action scenes and fight scenes really aren't all that. They lack any detail and didn't really grip me on the edge of my seat. The continuous gassing of the cast at close range, when the perpetrator is unaffected.

There is a lot more cheese in the dialogue than what I first realised, I imagined the film was much darker and edgier. I think this is because of how the 2nd and 3rd played out. These are all just minor grievances that, when compared to Dark Knight and Rises, you realise how much more refined the sequels were.

I still love this film. It is great, I would watch again, and again. 7.5/10

Back
Top Bottom