What film did you watch last night?

Permabanned
A heads up if you like Cop films

End of Watch
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1855199/

Shot documentary-style, this film follows the daily grind of two young police officers in LA who are partners and friends, and what happens when they meet criminal forces greater than themselves.

I wasn't expecting much as this was just a random download but it is really exceptionally good. The mob activity is pretty grisly but the final shootout is really immersive.

Easily the best cop film I've seen, and it's now somewhere in my top 50 fav films.

Soldato
Disconnect (2012/I)

oL7JDFz.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1433811/reference

Disconnect is a highly critical movie on just how dangerous Internet interaction can be, and often times gets personal, which not only has you watching in disbelief but has you feeling as if the reality of the movie was your own. A series of negative events unfolds in the life of one family, which starts off initially as calm and innocent

Went into this one not expecting much and was pretty blown away!
Although not perfect and a little cliche at times I thought overall the film was fantastic with some excellent acting and powerful screenplay!
Excellent film which I highly recommend :)

Highly recommended 8.4/10

Soldato
Saw The Lone Ranger last night. I can see why the Americans didn't favour it much. Very slapstick in many places. Johnny Depp definitely didn't fit Tonto at all.

Armie Hammer wasn't too bad as the Lone Ranger himself. Personally, they should have saved the theme for very end of the movie. It gets played out in full during one long action sequence.

Overall, give it 4/10.

Caporegime
The Conjuring 100 out of 10 for how scared I felt after amazingly someone managed to make a scary horror film for once after all the let downs over the past few years

Last edited:
Soldato
The Conjuring 100 out of 10 for how scared I felt after amazingly someone managed to make a scary horror film for once after all the let downs over the past few years

How much of this fear was due to genuinely scary stuff and how much was down to 'this is a bit creepy', then BAM! Cheap jump scare?

Then again, it's all subjective I guess.

Caporegime
How much of this fear was due to genuinely scary stuff and how much was down to 'this is a bit creepy', then BAM! Cheap jump scare?

Then again, it's all subjective I guess.
I think there was only 1 cheap jump scare in the film

Seriously it's a good film, some film critics have gave it poor ratings and refer to it as "THE CONjuring" because it's apparently loosely based on the actual event's at that house but a lot of it is real like the doll and the collection in the investigators basement in real life theres a very similar collection
ig5NMU0.jpg
real doll compared to film doll
another photo of the real doll
SRVAHEO.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds ok then :)

As long as it's not like Insidious - AKA: Let's create an atmosphere by showing the story of a man with an allergy to light switches who likes to sit in dark rooms watching weird snuff vids knowing full well that spooky ****'s going down and since we're here, have a bucket of jump scares...

Ed: The woman holding the doll looks far scarier :eek:

Last edited:
Caporegime
heres the real collection of objects which supposedly demonic spirits have used as vessels

I think the woman holding the doll is the real warren woman the film is about her and her bloke investigating demonic ****
ISOl4W9.jpg

with a website like this I do wonder if there is any truth to it tbh
http://www.warrens.net/Occult-Museum-Tours.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_and_Lorraine_Warren
Criticisms

The Warrens' most famous case, the Amityville Horror, has been questioned by critics. According to Benjamin Radford, the story was "refuted by eyewitnesses, investigations and forensic evidence".[7] Lawyer William Weber reportedly stated that he, Jay Anson and the occupants "invented" the horror story "over many bottles of wine".[8]

Horror author Ray Garton who wrote an account of the alleged haunting of the Snedeker family in Southington, Connecticut later called into question the veracity of the accounts contained in his book, saying, "The family involved, which was going through some serious problems like alcoholism and drug addiction, could not keep their story straight, and I became very frustrated; it's hard writing a non-fiction book when all the people involved are telling you different stories."[9]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom