What film did you watch last night?

The Great Gatsby 7/10

Really enjoyed it, till the end then it got boring and the same. I was all set up for some twist or something more 'exciting' and it just let me down. Very artistic too, if that's your thing.

the iceman
8/10

The Iceman is the story of real-life mob hitman Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski, who was reportedly responsible for over 200 murders.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski

says the first murder to prove himself was wrong.
how he met his wife was wrong.

film seems to be "loosely" based on his life.

actually reading wikipedia the true story seems better than this fiction :O so why did they change key details

Last edited:
Watched the place beyond the pines, what an utterly awesome movie it is. Superb performance by Gosling as usual who seems to suit this type of movie. Liked Drive as well very much. Thought Bradley Cooper was pretty good in this as well but the ending is a bit of twist which i never saw coming.
Great soundtrack as well...8/10 for me.

Also watched the Purge as well, what a pile of stinking dog poo that was. So glad me and the missus didnt bother wasting money to go see this at the cinema. Nothing horrific about it in all honesty...in fact it was more of a thriller/action with lots of shooting and killing rather than being a horror movie. Absolute trash..2/10 and thats me being nice:p

The Wolverine

I enjoyed it, wasn't breathtaking or outstanding, but overall a good watch. Helped by Tesco 2 for 1 deal so it only cost us £2.45 each to see it.

7/10

Epic

Was hoping for ice age/how to train your dragon/despicable me etc

What I watched looked stunning, really loved the detail of the forest. Sadly they neglected the script.

4/10

Day of the Dead (2008)

Rubbish acting, rubbish script, rubbish plot, rubbish character development, cheese+cheese.

2/10 - doesn't get a one simply because Mena Suvari is nice to look at in her military uniform. Watch it for that reason alone and nothing more.

Argo

Excellent acting, excellent script, excellent storyline (based on the true story, despite being slightly incorrect I hear), very moving and gripping.

8/10 - I usually dislike Ben Affleck but in this I thought he played an excellent part in an excellent movie (he directed too, so bravo). Watch it for this reason and many others.

Star Wars The Phantom Menace - BR version

Haven't seen this in ages, hoping to watch the whole lot soon, enjoyed it but forgot how cringeworthy JarJar Binks is..

Finally got round to watching Prometheus last night. Thought it was pretty good! Got the evil dead yesterday so I'll get round to watching that soon. Come to think of it I've still got Argo to watch, actually I've got loads haha. So many movies, not enough time.

Got the evil dead yesterday so I'll get round to watching that soon.

Watched it the other night. It's a decent horror film but it's let down (imo) by not having Bruce Campbell there to ham up the horror.

The original films were horror and gore with some tongue in cheek humour provided by Bruce Campbell. Sadly this remake tries to take it's self too seriously.

Back
Top Bottom