What film did you watch last night?

The Watch - Group of guys form a neighbourhood watch and come up against more than they bargained for. It made me laugh, but then a lot of things do! Overall I would say that I prefer Attack The Block when it comes to unexpected invasions! 3/5

Saw Kick Ass 2 on opening night (Wednesday). Loved it! Can't stop the fact that I enjoy Chloe Grace Moretz kicking epic ass. Jim Carrey was really good as well. Now I just wish I could meet my own Night Bitch! :p

Of course, I didn't stay for the end credits scene. Because I didn't know there was one! Only for people to tell me Twitter...AFTER I left cinema. Never mind.

Give it 8/10

I watched 'The Brave One', with Jodie Foster as a woman whose fiancee was killed, basically going a bit vigilante.

Pretty good, probably about a 7/10.

Next up is probably going to be either Black Swan, The Reader, Revolutionary Road or Enemy of the State.

Lolita (Kubrick version) - 8/10

Pretty darn good. Surprised how funny it was in parts (intentionally or unintentionally). James Mason was brilliant.

It is intended to be funny, yeah. It's a good film.

I watched Airplane last night. It's hit and miss - there's some bits that just fall flat, or which require some arcane bit of 80s pop culture knowledge, but then there's some bits that are absolutely hilarious. When Lloyd Bridges leans on the desk with the picture of him leaning on a desk behind him we laughed so hard.

After that we watched the second half of Mission Impossible, from the CIA infiltration to the end. The heist and the chase in the tunnel are great, even if the latter is ridiculous. Definitely the best film in the MI franchise.

Wages of Fear - 1953 French production about a group of blokes in South America desperate for work, an offer of driving some high explosives with no safety gear comes in and then the tension builds as they drive. It took a long time to get going but it was nail biting stuff. 3/5

Trance.

I found it hard to keep track of at times, but I think that's also part of its strength as it unravels piece by piece. A decent film (7/10).

Welcome to the Punch - I saw trance advertised but preferred the look of this from the trailers, wasn't that great IMO, seen far better, lost my way toward the end because I got bored.

Is Trance any better?

Evil Dead tonight, can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom