What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I've not seen pain and gain, but I very much doubt it's in the same league as tarantino's work.

Perhaps you should see it.
It certainly doesn't glorify anybody... Except Michael Bay of course and perhaps the character played by Dwayne Johnson, who never existed in the first place and is a composite of several members of the real life gang.

Whether you like it or not is a different matter, and it definitely isn't in the league of Tarantino's work which itself receives similar complaints.

I thought it was enjoyable enough, but after looking into the real story, my opinion of it went down a fair bit.

Last edited:
Associate
Olympus Has Fallen 6/10

An OK run of the mill action film (with cast from the Fast and Furious franchise which I found funny). It was fairly entertaining with a good balance of being annoying with massive plot holes which are just there to make the story as a whole feasible.

Soldato
Thats because QT work is highly articulate intelligent cinema.

More often than not, yes, I agree.

Don't get me wrong, I think Michael Bay is a simple minded ****tard of biblical proportions and an insult to cinema, and... I was going to say the intelligence of the viewing public, but I'd lose that one before the sentence was over ;)

I originally gave this 7/10, but in retrospect I think I was generous because it wasn't as truly awful as I expected a Bay film to be.

When you examine it up close, yeah sure, most of it's criticism is justified.
If you just watch it as a Saturday night flick, it's enjoyable enough.
That they keep trying to make out it's all based on TRUTH and FACTS is a joke though...

You're missing the point. It's the glorifying of real crimes that concerns me.

But it doesn't.

Soldato
I expected Paind & Gain to be a terrible movie but it turned out actually quiet good.

I think it was beautifully shot, it was funny, it had weird and unexpected scenes, it was fresh to me.

It's a crime-comedy and I did laugh a lot especially at the absurdity of the situation.

I wouldn't agree that it glorifies crime as all three were not likable characters. If anything it highlights how dumb they are.

Caporegime
Shocker! People have different tastes when it comes to films! :eek: :rolleyes:

Guess what, I think the godfather series is utter crap! Where as I think pain and gain is a far more enjoyable film.

Soldato
Changeling - Set in the 1920's, a single mum's kid goes missing and a few months later the police find a child matching the description saying that he is the missing boy. Story goes through the mother's effort to prove it is not her son. It was quiet a hard watch, you just found yourself going 'how could they...'. Overall a good film, well made by Clint. Based on a true story. 4/5

Caporegime
world war z

loved it! Fast zombies are so much better! Would love to see a sequel to this. The zombies were pretty much the clickers from the game, the last of us.

8/10

Back
Top Bottom