What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The Conjuring - 4/10

absolute yawn fest. yes i jumped a couple of times. due to loud bangs out of nowhere. but didn't feel scared, like the front of the box promised :mad:

Soldato
Fast & Furious 6. Ridiculous and over the top car chase scenes, but that's what it's all about. It also includes the world's longest runway in the final action sequence :). I enjoyed it. 6/10

Men In Black 3 It was ok, not as good as the first one but worth a watch. 6/10

Caporegime
I watched the first half of Scrooged last night, on recommendation of friends. I'm not convinced. I may not even watch the second half. There's a lot of Bill Murray shouting and not a lot else. I'm not in a hurry to watch bad films just because they fit the season.

Soldato
We're the millers - some pretty funny bits but after seeing the way some raved about it I was expecting more. 6.5 - 10 mainly due to rather lovely Jennifer.

Jobs - not a great film but the geek in me quite enjoyed it. Missus found it dull as hell. 6-10

Soldato
Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2

Having heard people rave about these films, finally got round to watching them on Saturday night.

Absolutely hilarious, definitely on the list to watch again, I'm sure there's plenty that would have been missed on a first watch that you don't pick up on until a second.

The second wasn't quite as good as the first in my opinion, but still very good.

9/10 and 8/10 respectively.

Kick-Ass and Kick-Ass 2

Another back-to-back watching session, this time the unlikely boy-turned-Superhero, Kick-Ass.

The first film was completely stolen by a 13-year-old Chloë Grace Moretz, playing Hit-Girl, who has the best lines and the best action scenes in the film by a mile.

The second film loses some of the charm of the first, set a couple of years later, everything has a darker tone, and there's less of Hit-Girl awesomeness there was in the first - the story focussing more on the general concept of Superheroes than the tighter story line of the first film.

8/10 for the first, and 7/10 for the second.

Soldato
Watched Anchorman 2 - not as funny as the first one and it most definitely went off at various tangents the more it went on!

Found it strange that Ron had changed so much from a supremely confident character to one that was very unsure and apologetic!?!?

As per the first film though, Brick was the shining light!

Caporegime
How can you watch half a film :(

I'll often watch things in two sittings if I only start late at night...

If you mean how can I leave it unfinished, then I guess unless the story needs resolution, then it's pretty easy. And hey, this is A Christmas Carol retold, so it's pretty easy to leave it halfway and know what's going to happen at the end.

I may go back to it, but there's things I'd rather be watching.

Soldato
I'll often watch things in two sittings if I only start late at night...

If you mean how can I leave it unfinished, then I guess unless the story needs resolution, then it's pretty easy. And hey, this is A Christmas Carol retold, so it's pretty easy to leave it halfway and know what's going to happen at the end.

I may go back to it, but there's things I'd rather be watching.

yes but there's countless films that have major twists towards the end. If you were to watch these and base a review solely on the first half then you'd say most were rubbish.

Caporegime
what are you confused about? is it because someone dares to have a different opinion on a film to you? do you honestly think everyone should rate every film the same as you do? if so, then you are clearly retarded and i really do feel very sorry for you.

No I certainly do not...people thought the Hobbit was good. :p

But sometimes films are so bad it beggars belief.

Kick Ass 1 was clearly a good film and easily a solid 8 even 9 out of ten. A classic of its genre.

Kick Ass 2 was dark, Vulgar and quite frankly crap. If people think otherwise then they are deluding themselves.

Soldato
Yep for me this year has been quite a few good ones but the top 5 for me has been

1. Gravity
2. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
3. Man of Steel
4. Oblivion
5. Pacific Rim

Back
Top Bottom