What film did you watch last night?

A Long way down: 4/10
I'm not sure about this film, the central plot concept was very interesting but that the film didn't know what to do with it. It also bounced between being a drama and a dark comedy and didn't hit either mark as a result. So all in all a bit meh really.

It's a shame that Pinkman is going to be playing Pinkman for the rest of his career!! Going to be missing this one for sure.

Last Vegas 9/10

Awesome movie, very funny.

Yes it was funny, but as a film it's shocking, I think I gave it a 6 using the old system due to it giving me a considerable fw laughs, other than that it's pretty bland.

Wow, i gave it 5/10 using old scoring system, i didn't think it was anything special, some amusing parts, douglas and deniro playing the roles they always do, freeman witty in parts.

Exactly this

I Am Soldier,
Saw a trailer for it on TV and thought that looks ok so bought the dvd,well, it isn't. Idea for a film, I know,lets just rip off Andy McNabs "Immediate Action" and make a complete pigs ear of it.Could have been a good film but sadly it's £10 I'll never get back.

47 Ronin - Yea it was OK. Won't watch it again. 5.5/10

Lone Survivor - The title gives it away. Nothing new. But over all a good movie. 7/10

This is what I think:

He's been in the tail end right from the start. The haunting of his previous deeds before the food blocks was made available to the tail end, and the 'grooming' from John Hurt made him focused on getting to the front of the train - take over and liberate the people he's been suffering with.

Throughout the course, the showing of balance and everyone having a specific role in the train didn't deter him from the ultimate goal, get to the front. If even the Korean addict was talking about the side door, he wan't fussed as the focus is to get the train, get the engine, liberate.

Much like the train, he is focused and forever moving forward.

It's when he finally reach the end before his reality of what he's come to focus was shattered. The use of living kids as mechanical replacement - which is "extinct". Being told the end of his quest is only the beginning, to now run the train, follow Wilford's footsteps to maintain the engine, alone and making tough decisions, he cracked and shifted his focus back to liberating people.

Unfortunately that decision will lead to many death - something at that moment in time, isn't on his mind, He is afterall, focusing on saving the kids.

That decision may only have 2 kids surviving, but remember, that Korean girl has psychic ability, she has an uncanny sixth sense of living things / people. She may lead the salvation of humanity by going through the wreakage.

If a polar bear can survive, humans can too as the climate is changing and warming up, as it has been over the last 17 years.

That's how I saw the film anyway.

I see what you mean, he could have had the blinders on and stuck to his goal in true grunt form. Just seems like such a poor decision made in haste but good call on the mindset Jonesy.

Much Ado About Nothing - this was the Joss Whedon recent one, bringing Shakespeare into the modern world pretty well. For a black and white arty film with 400 year old dialogue it was surprisingly funny. But all things considered and even with the luvvie factor I preferred the Kenneth Branagh 1990's version. 3/5

300: rise of an empire - 4/10 would've been 3 but the evil woman was fit

I kinda liked her :o
Still a pretty average film though that doesn't deserve to be a 300 film :mad:

Watching My Cousin Vinny
Might have to be the next film I watch, It must have been over 10 years since I last watched it.

All I can really remember is the grits scene but I bet all the good memories will come flooding back to me once I start watching :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom