What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Timecrimes

A man accidentally gets into a time machine and travels back in time nearly an hour finding himself will be the first of a series of disasters of unforeseeable consequences

Good film but will have you asking a few questions at the end

Associate
Blue is the Warmest Colour

Overly long (3h) for a movie with subtitles however it told an enjoyably beautiful story for the most part. 8/10

Soldato
Anchorman - 8/10

"That escalated quickly, That really got outta hand fast" :D

But its true, within minutes they were using some seriously heavy/lethal weaponry. If memory serves me well, someone got their arm chopped off iin that brawl!

That was probably the funniest scene in the movie - it literally came out of nowhere.

Soldato
american history x

watched this for the first time in about 5 years. it's not perfect but i struggle to see how it could be any better .... even though that doesn't make sense

9.7/10

Soldato
Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
Was looking forward to this after the disappointment of the first film. Overall I enjoyed it, it's a definite improvement from the first one.

7.5/10 (old scoring system)

Associate
Captain America: The first avenger
I watched it yesterday in preparation for seeing cap 2 on friday. I'm glad I didn't pay money to see it in the cinema but otherwise it was ok just didn't grab me in the same way as iron man.

6/10

Suspended
Solo.

We've all seen it before: the summer camp; the pretty girl; the creepy island; the even creepier locals. So we all know what to expect. At least, we think we do...

This clever little movie has a retro 1980s feel which sets up our expectations for a typical teen slasher flick. But Solo rewards patient viewers with a more intelligent story.

Instead of the traditional 'smart people doing dumb things and consequently dying' formula we get a smart heroine who does smart things and still gets caught by the bad guy through no fault of her own.

The delicious Canadian actress Annie Clark stars in a role better suited to Georgie Ryder, yet succeeds in making it her own.

It must be admitted that the appeal of this film is primarily found in the lingering shots of Annie's eye-wateringly pert body—and believe me when I say there are plenty of them.

Annie has that classic 'girl next door' look which conveys instant sex appeal through a delicate blend of femininity, vulnerability, and natural beauty.

Her figure is absolutely perfect, and all the better for the lack of artificial enhancements. No Botox or implants here, just good old fashioned curves.

The camera loves Annie; or perhaps it was just the cameraman. Either way, she gets plenty of screen time from all the right angles.

Here a slow tracking shot across her tight yet well rounded buttocks; there a closeup of her youthful bosoms heaving hypnotically as she gasps for breath in a thrilling action scene. It's a glorious sight for anyone bored to tears by the endless parade of flat chested anorexic girls who tend to dominate this genre.

To Annie's credit she gets through the entire movie without a single frame of nudity. Some may find this disappointing but I think it speaks volumes about her artistic integrity. Annie is only 22 and her career is still burgeoning, so there's plenty of time to get her kit off yet.

Being a Canadian production the budget was modest (as evidenced in a number of scenes and the poor colour balance). Yet it suits the retro look of the film, so the wobbly camera-work and cut price sets (including several plastic trees and a foam rubber rock) never seem out of place.

Trivia: the island itself was built by a local company and towed to the middle of Carl Jensen's private lake. It's actually two thirds smaller than it's supposed to be in the story, but the clever use of camera angles and long shots prevents viewers from realising this fact.

I rate Solo at 19.98 on the Haglee Scale, which converts to a solid 6/10 on IMDb.

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom