What film did you watch last night?

Captain Phillips:

It started out a little bizarrely with subtitles enabled (on advice) and to be honest I felt the first ten minutes was almost like some kind of weird filling that didn't quite go with the sponge but it warmed up well! A great account and staggering acting by Tom Hanks and Barkhad Abdi.

The events and story as retold were impactful. 9/10

Stand Up Guys

It was ok. Quite novelty with the big name (but old) actors. It felt a bit like Expendables, with these legendary old actors strutting about on set, pretty much portraying a tongue-in-cheek caricature of their previous characters. Expendables manages to be quite fun in doing this, Stand Up Guys was just cringe. It was good in parts, but terrible in others.

4/10

I've just watched Gravity in 3D and loved it. My partner didn't rate it though, but she doesn't understand anything about space.

Had a beer and action movies night. Plan was to watch the last stand, bullet to the head and then escape plan.

The Last Stand was great. would have liked more Knoxville though. Love that it's just a good old action movie with a decent budget.

Bullet to the Head went off after 30 mins as the other half got bored. I do plan to re watch it myself at some point though.

Escape Plan to me seems like a poor man's Fortress and I doubt the remaining 20 minutes will dramatically improve it.

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Not a film I would choose, but glad I got dragged to it, it's really good, some funny buts, great characters and a fun film.

8/10

Any one got any idea the name of this film, it was a trailer in the hall way with no sound and I missed the name off it.
It was about space, showed an Apollo launch as well as a shuttle, then towards the end had the statement "one year on" not sure if its factual ism, or some sort of scifi or what.

Interstellar?

I saw The Grand Budapest Hotel - did not like it one bit, but Ralph Fiennes' performance was brilliant. 4/10

Captain America : The winter soldier in 3d!!! 8/10

Another pointless 3d showing that costs 20kr more for no reason...No choice to not see it in 2d... anyway...Swedish fascists.

I thought the first film was awful. Im not a comic book fan. Im not even American. Theres nothing i liked about the first film except ww2 and nazis. I didnt even finish the first film. I had no intentions of watching this film at the cinema

a few years later, a few more iron mans, avengers, thors, even a spiderman?

Its like they have "suddenly" worked out the winning formula for these comic book flicks.

Capt. America 2 is just sooooo much better that the first and now it feels part of the bigger universe of the comics.

If you like the other films and their style then this is a no brainer, its even tempting me to re watch the first Capt. to refresh my memory.

One of th guys who came with us is a big comic book fan and spent the 40 min drive home sharing the background story and other charcters, the who is who of the marvel universe, which mostly bored me but intregied me more than enough to look forward to the talking raccoon film in August!!!!

A pretty good film... It does wind me up tho why none of the avengers or Ironman appear in these films... World Crisis only ever solved by 1 guy... like in thor2... Alien spaceships in Greenwich ? I'm sure Tony Stark wouldnt be interested at all... (yes i know its all to do with the actors contracts, that 40 min drive taught me a lot)

Good film if you are into it...

Fancied some Sci fi last night so passed on Gravity where George Clooney probably plays George Clooney in space and watched Europa Report instead. Being a bit of an astronomist it was nice to see something other than Mars or the moon being used as Europa really is a fascinating place.
Film wise it's Ok, quite slow and the usual plot holes of stuff like how gravity is simulated in space get pasted over but that's to be expected. Refreshingly 90 minutes long rather than some over long bloated 220 minute "epic" and on the whole I wasn't too disappointed. Probably won't watch it again but was OK for a Saturday night

Back
Top Bottom