What film did you watch last night?

Associate
The Raid 2 - 8/10

If you liked the 1st film, you'll like this. The fights were brutal, fantastic choreography, some very nice set pieces. A fantastic looking film as well. The plot ..... is not original but it didnt seem far fetched.

Soldato
Desolation of Smaug. After the disappointment of the first Hobbit film, this was a welcome relief. Great fun, loads of action, Evangeline Lilly with pointy ears... 8/10

Soldato
Fruitvale Station

I'd heard good things going into this one, and it had a very good metascore to match (85).

The 1st half, was a little confused, with a relatively weak plot, for which blame cannot really be cast, as it is based on a true story.

The second half however, really picks up, and what you discover in the 1st really helps you to appreciate the 2nd.

Strong performances all round, and some moments which were a little difficult to watch. Definitely worth a watch if you enjoy the Coen brothers style of filmmaking (not that this is one of their films, this is a Ryan Coogler film) then you'll enjoy this.

8/10

Old scoring system

Don
Falling Down (1993), not sure how I'd never seen this before. Really enjoyed it, great performance from Michael Douglas. Solid 90's thriller, seems ahead of it's time.

6.2/10

---

The Punsisher (1989), another film I'd never seen before, ruthless action film, Dolph is one scary actor. I think they actually fired more bullets in one scene of this film than the whole of Predator :D

Mindless action, but a fun film to watch. Must see if you like old action films.
5.5/10

Man of Honour
The Grand Budapest Hotel

Not a film I would choose, but glad I got dragged to it, it's really good, some funny buts, great characters and a fun film.

8/10

Any one got any idea the name of this film, it was a trailer in the hall way with no sound and I missed the name off it.
It was about space, showed an Apollo launch as well as a shuttle, then towards the end had the statement "one year on" not sure if its factual ism, or some sort of scifi or what.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom