What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
But times have changed, the amount spent on advertising is phenomenal, not to mention how much these so called actors expect to get paid.

Actors wages - fair enough. Given the ensemble cast in the Avengers it's was probably a poor example. That and the only known name in Star Wars was Alec Guinness who I think got standard rates plus a profit share ... which turned out to be quite lucrative I expect.

Are advertising costs are included in the stated budget? I was under the impression it covered source material, pre-production and production costs only. Wouldn't marketing costs be down to the distributor once it's made?

Caporegime
Wrath of the titans...bloody hell...:rolleyes:

I swear the best line in that movie has to be andromeda saying something like "our job is to hold back kronos as long as possible". OK..so explain to me how armies with spears and arrows are meant to hold back a mountain sized giant thats seemingly made of lava and rock, and is slinging fire and lava for miles, and who takes out an entire city with one slap? Wtf kinda crack were they on when they came up with this utterly retarded scene?

Last edited:
Soldato
Ex Machina

A young programmer is selected to participate in a breakthrough experiment in artificial intelligence by evaluating the human qualities of a breath-taking female A.I. Things go a little Pete Tong. Great movie.

Soldato
The Eichmann Show

The Eichmann Show - Excellent film 8/10 , a must see

Dramatisation of the team hoping to televise the trial of Adolf Eichmann, an infamous nazi responsible for the deaths of millions of Jews.
It focuses on Leo Hurwitz, a documentary film-maker and Milton Fruchtman, a producer.

MV5BMjMwNDI5MTM2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTc0ODcyNDE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

Associate
Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) - 9/10

A superb action film which has fantastic special effects and action scenes throughout. The vision of this post-apocalyptic setting is very detailed and feels authentic, with a range of disfigured characters, beautiful maidens, and a world that looks and feels as though it has died. The music is great and well used, adding a bit of tongue-in-cheek to the proceedings. Although there isn't much to the plot and the dialogue is minimal, this adds to the strong atmosphere; everything is just a little bit mad. It also does become a bit repetitive, and it lacks some of the impact of the original Mad Max film, but still a thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining film.

Soldato
Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) - 9/10

A superb action film which has fantastic special effects and action scenes throughout. The vision of this post-apocalyptic setting is very detailed and feels authentic, with a range of disfigured characters, beautiful maidens, and a world that looks and feels as though it has died. The music is great and well used, adding a bit of tongue-in-cheek to the proceedings. Although there isn't much to the plot and the dialogue is minimal, this adds to the strong atmosphere; everything is just a little bit mad. It also does become a bit repetitive, and it lacks some of the impact of the original Mad Max film, but still a thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining film.

+1

But 8.5/10 for me
Not sure about the "haappy" ending; actually wouldn't have minded if it ended when Theron kneels down on the sand in anger.

Suspended
Ex Machina - 7/10

I also watched this after recommendations here and found it quite different, it had have me compelled from start to finish but I wouldn't watch it again and the ending was shoddy.

Permabanned
Ex Machina... 2/10... do none of you have any brain cells remaining? Have you drunk them to death, smoked them to death or did you never have any to begin with?

What a terrible and pointless film.

The story went nowhere.

The premise was enticing and they could have done so much with it.

But no... they kept it bland, stupid and blank... leaving the viewer to fill in their own blanks without actually doing ANYTHING themselves.

Back
Top Bottom