What film did you watch last night?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Bedevilled
The last act really opens up, before that though you're left with a mixture of wtfs. It shows the stuggle young women in 21st century Korea still go through and in general, most of the Asian part of the world, where the man/husband has complete control and can do whatever he pleases with his "woman". The plight is real and this kind of cinema forces its target audience to face that reality and become attached to the characters and story.

By the end it boils down to the ultimate "all is lost" scenario, what more is there to live for at this point? Interesting film for sure but the depth of the story won't engage most folks I imagine.

I give is 7/10

Last edited:
Soldato
All is Lost - 8.5/10

After a collision with a shipping container at sea, a resourceful sailor finds himself, despite all efforts to the contrary, staring his mortality in the face.

A tour de force performance by Robert Redford and just shows how much story can be told and feeling portrayed with virtually no dialogue at all.

Caporegime
Poltergeist (2015)

As a self-confessed wuss (my gf made me go see this), it wasn't scary in the slightest, the original wasn't either tbf, but was at least creepier.

So as a horror, it scores poorly. That said, it was still very entertaining, and actually funnier than many fully-fledged comedies I've seen in recent years.

As such, I give it a 6/10.

Associate
Poltergeist (2015) 5/10

If it wasn't a remake it wouldn't have been that bad, but comparing it all the way through with the original Steven Spielberg classic I came away feeling it was a poor, rushed attempt and wished they didn't bother....

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
All Is Lost is great, though it does havesome accuracy issues based on comments I read online after watching, all made by seasoned nautical bods. It is Hollywood I guess :p

Soldato
San Andreas (5.5/10)

Predictable and Patriotic, too many cues from other films. Only really scored points due to the level and detail of destruction but apart from that nothing special.

Suspended
Fury - 6.5/10

As a lover of history and events in WWII, I decided to watch this film, I did like it, but a lot of the time I felt that the producers didn't even bother doing their research properly, so many times in the film things happened which would not of happened in the event it was quite deplorable, I know it's a movie etc, but still... to someone who doesn't know about history they would love it, but to us more educated folk it's a bit of a let down.
I did like it though for the fact I love history, the brutality of war was shown quite well, but the story wasn't that great.

Things like, the Tiger tank up against 5 Sherman tanks, A tiger tank can wipe out a Sherman over a 1000 Meters away, but the SS soldier in the tiger misses his first, so proceeds to drive closer to the Shermans? he does wipe out 4 of them but then lets Brad Pitt go behind him to the tanks weak point?
Another bit where 75mm anti-tank shell bounces off the Sherman? I'm sorry but it would have gone straight through it.

The opening credits state that Hitler declared total war in 1945? wait a minute, he done this in 1943... but in reality you could say this was a lot earlier which the events which happened.

Tracer fire looking like star wars lasers?

Don't even get me started on the ending... 200-300 Waffen-SS (one of the most hardened ruthless military unit in history) decide to come along with Panzerfausts, MG42's, in formation.. but Brad and the gang decide they aint going anywhere, literally take out 3/4 of the batallion, with the very little ammunition they have... then the young soldier Norman (Logan Lerman terrible actor) survives through the underneath hatch to be then be discovered by a young SS soldier and then let off, I get that the film portrays the young Norman as a soldier who hasn't seen battle and doesn't want to really be there, and it's probably his mirror image when the SS soldier saw him so they was both feeling the same, but I'm sorry SS soldiers would not just let someone go like that when 3/4 of their squad had just been wiped out, these soldiers were ruthless.

So many other things but I can't be bothered now... enough ranting... :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I enjoyed that too.

Do you think he was rescued at the end? I think he died myself.

I thought he did take the hand at the end and just assumed he had been saved

All Is Lost is great, though it does havesome accuracy issues based on comments I read online after watching, all made by seasoned nautical bods. It is Hollywood I guess :p

Thankfully being a complete novice at sailing any inaccuracies went over my head :)

Back
Top Bottom