What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Went to see San Andreas last night (Cineworld unlimited preview thing)

was good, very entertaining, watched it in 3D which i think helped a little but not necessary, my 9 year old loved it :)

id give it 6.5/10

Also Ex Machina the other night, felt like it could have been so much better, great concept though 6/10

Last edited:
Soldato
What about Batman and Robin? :D

Including this :D over the last 3 days I've watched all films, stating with Batman from 1989. I actually enjoyed Batman and Robin but it did seem more of a comedy than the others.... Batman Forever though was just garbage.

Worst Batman ever.

With The Dark Knight Rises... I feel scared when I hear Banes voice :(

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Runaway Train with John Voight & Eric Roberts , Must have seen it a Hundred times but I watch it every single time it's on from Start to Finish, Watching it last night I realised it's easily my favourite film of all time.

Soldato
Any film gurus have a good list of Action/Thriller movies from the last few years?

I'm trying to get back into watching films again and have been going through quite a few pages from this thread already.

Soldato
Including this :D over the last 3 days I've watched all films, stating with Batman from 1989. I actually enjoyed Batman and Robin but it did seem more of a comedy than the others.... Batman Forever though was just garbage.

Worst Batman ever.

With The Dark Knight Rises... I feel scared when I hear Banes voice :(

Batman Forever is certainly a pile of poo, but worse than Batman and Robin?

Joel Schumacher managed a whole other level of **** with Batman and Robin.

Associate
Mad Max: Fury Road

I'm still not sure what to think about this film. I went in with high expectations based of the rave reviews that it has received, it didn't live up to them. I've never watched any of the other Mad Max's so it was all new to me. It was a fairly good film but I feel like the constant action became a little fatiguing at times, I was also pretty tired which didn't help. I accidentally ended up at a 3d showing and no 2d options left that night, which also made me enjoy it less than I otherwise might of.

I think what annoyed me most was that nothing actually happened, some antagonists died but otherwise nothing had changed. So yeah unsure where to grade this somewhere about 5 or 6 out of 10 seems fair.

Permabanned
The Avengers Age of Ultron

Not sure what number rating to give it but overall it was a disappointment. I sort of enjoyed the Avengers realising they had to work together but that part felt like it was missing scenes that would have seen them glue together more. James Spader's Ultron was also a disappointment. They made him too much like him and not enough like Ultron, it could have done with slightly less one liners and more sinister.

Soldato
Excellent film. Beautiful fights :).

The only film that has surpassed it since was The Raid, and The Raid 2 (maybe Merantau, The Rebel, and Clash off the top of my head).

Don't forget his other smash hit - Warrior King (The Protector) - which has some bat-poop crazy fights!

Where as the fight scenes in most martial arts films look "pretty" with pulled punches and kicks everywhere to avoid hurting the stuntmen Tony Jaa's movies just look painful, his kicks and punches actually look like they hurt people :eek:

Caporegime
thanks..going to tried starred up ..personal recommendation and 99% on RT

Another one, if you haven't seen it, is an old flick called 'Scum' (there are two versions - both good). Most people have seen it, but worth a mention. I recall watching this when I was about sixteen, and it shocked me quite a bit. :eek:

Made In England. Not bad at all, 6.5/10. Kind of the ending I was expecting. Tim Roth puts in a great performance, and is quite funny at times.

Last edited:
Suspended
thanks..going to tried starred up ..personal recommendation and 99% on RT

Great movie.

Going to watch '71 now.

Another one, if you haven't seen it, is an old flick called 'Scum' (there are two versions - both good). Most people have seen it, but worth a mention. I recall watching this when I was about sixteen, and it shocked me quit a bit. :eek:

Of course, classic Ray Winstone, everyones seen this film aint they?!

"Where's ya tool?"

Back
Top Bottom