What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
I've just watched Back to the Future II with my 8 year old daughter. She enjoyed it. It's not as good as the first, but then what is. Watching it with her made me realise it's much darker. The middle section in 1985A is very grim.

Associate
Lucky Them (2013)...

More interested in partying and flirting with young musicians than work, veteran rock journalist Ellie Klug (Toni Collette) has one last chance to prove her value to her magazine's editor: a no-stone-unturned search to discover what really happened to long lost rock god Matthew Smith, who also happens to be her ex-boyfriend. Teaming up with an eccentric amateur documentary filmmaker (Thomas Haden Church in a delightful performance), Ellie hits the road in search of answers. (c) IFC Films.

I like whimsical but this was totally forgettable, actually got annoyed with it... very rare....3/10...
some reviewers suggest its from a female perspective, so perhaps the fairer sex will enjoy more..

Soldato
The Wanderers 7/10.

I had fonder memories of it than the 2015 actuality but it's still a good film to me.

One thing that made me smile is the reaction in the film towards the assassination of JFK, people crying in the streets etc, and as far as I'm aware that kind of thing actually happened. It got me thinking that you would not see that in this country if someone killed our PM.

Man of Honour
The Wanderers 7/10.

I had fonder memories of it than the 2015 actuality but it's still a good film to me.

One thing that made me smile is the reaction in the film towards the assassination of JFK, people crying in the streets etc, and as far as I'm aware that kind of thing actually happened. It got me thinking that you would not see that in this country if someone killed our PM.

Brilliant film. Don't **** with the Baldies!

Soldato
I've just watched Back to the Future II with my 8 year old daughter. She enjoyed it. It's not as good as the first, but then what is. Watching it with her made me realise it's much darker. The middle section in 1985A is very grim.

It does go quite dark but then Part 3 brings the happiness back but is nowhere near as good.

Soldato
The Boy in Striped Pyjamas - watched this with my children as we had been talking a bit about WW2 and religion. It was a good watch, the perspective being from the eyes of two nine year olds was interesting watching it with a nine year old. We had some long discussions about it today so it was well worth the watch. Something a bit lighter for film night next time! 4/5

Soldato
Fast 7.

Worth it for the end... Not a bad film overall. Sound seemed a bit off though and it was a bit choppy in parts.

7/10

Finally got round to watching The Theory of Everything last night. I have to say I thought it was utterly brilliant, fantastically acted, really enjoyed watching it. I also have to say I was borderline welling up at many parts. 10/10.

Same. I would have been a right mess in parts if I hadn't been watching it with the Mrs. Superb film, impecably acted.

Associate
All is Lost - 8/10

A film that slipped under my radar. I watched it from a recommendation a few pages back and it did not disappoint.

Barely a word was spoken during the movie but it was gripping all the way through.

Soldato
It Follows
7/10
Decent movie.
It uses sound to great effect.
But I don't understand why a teenage boy would accept the consequence of death, just so he gets laid, once. I mean, he could've visited a prostitute, knowing he won't end up dead, but instead decided to sacrifice himself for a few seconds of pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom