What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Avengers 3 Captain America: Civil War 8/10
Thought I wouldn't enjoy the whole Avenger v Avenger thing, but as Easyrider says, there's more to this than just a simple goodies v baddies story and a couple of twists keep it engaging to the end.

Saw this last night, I'd give it a 7/10.

Enjoyable but there simply is no risk to the main characters (until whatever the Infinity War films will be called!)

I'd definitely watch it again when it comes out on Bluray.

Would have improved it by cutting out the fluff without Cap in it as of course it was a Cap film... at times.

Caporegime
10 Cloverfield Lane

I thought the first 90% was excellent. John Goodman was fantastic, very scary and creepy. The other two played their parts well. There were some quite tense moments and a few shocks.

The last few minutes though...
The alien bit
...pulled me right out of the movie. It wasn't needed at all and...
seemed to be there only to create a link with the original Cloverfield. I think it would have been better if it ended once she left the bunker.
I'll give it a 7/10.

Have you seen The Divide?

I actually quite enjoyed the ending to 10 Cloverfield, sure it's a different tone to the rest of the movie but there was tension there in that 10 mins and thought it wasn't a total car crash ending. And yeah, the movie was original scripted and called something like "the bunker" or something before they tied it into Cloverfield

Last edited:
Soldato
The Divide was pretty good, very tense and goes to show what 'holes we become when law and order is removed.

The director Xavier Gens also made Frontiers which is an absolutely awesome french horror movie.

Soldato
Captain America: Civil War - Although i did enjoy this I thought the whole premise for them splitting etc was a little ridiculous not to mention people that are meant to be intelligent clearly just making the wrong decisions. Still it was enjoyable and Elizabeth Olsen sooooo 7/10.

Bastille Day: Kind of like a made for tv movie, or a pilot episode of a series not really big screen worthy in my opinion. 5/10.

Caporegime
Captain America Civil War.

I guess I am a little late to the party but have managed to avoid all spoilers and it was so good, 2 and a half hours flew by like 30 minutes. Credit to the movie.

Good - Action, the action was SO GOOD. The CGI was mostly well done, especially young Stark !

Bad - the main bad guy, turned out to be just a reason to get them fight, did his job I guess.

I really like it, probably best Marvel film so far, on par with Winter Solider I think.

9/10

Soldato
captain america civil war - 9/10 - really liked it, a proper adult super hero film. Everything that BvS did wrong it did right.

Deadpool - 7/10 - not bad, but not amazing, quite funny and i enjoyed it but was missing something.

Caporegime
American Psycho.

Never seen this before. I laughed and cringed throughout. :D Not the ending I was expecting, which was fine.

8/10.

Fight Club.

One of the strangest films I think I've ever seen. Glad I stuck it out.

8/10.

Last edited:
Caporegime
10 Cloverfield Lane

I thought the first 90% was excellent. John Goodman was fantastic, very scary and creepy. The other two played their parts well. There were some quite tense moments and a few shocks.

The last few minutes though...
The alien bit
...pulled me right out of the movie. It wasn't needed at all and...
seemed to be there only to create a link with the original Cloverfield. I think it would have been better if it ended once she left the bunker.
I'll give it a 7/10.

I agree with this.

It was great until the end, but I can't think of any other way to end it.

Back
Top Bottom