What film did you watch last night?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just got back from Civil War.

Firstly, the new Cineworld in Whitely is amazing. I recommend that cinema to all instead of going to Vue (choad seating) or Reel (screens as big as the average home HDTV...). Huge screens, really nice place and the standard seats have plenty of legroom to boot.

Film was really good too. Beats the usual superhero riff raff being released.

The trailer to the new Rogue One Star Wars film was epic too.

Associate
Captain America: Civil War

Loved it! Not a fan of character of Captain America but this is more of an Avengers 2.5. Decent story, didn't get bored at any point and Spidey was excellent.

I'll give it an 8/10

Associate
Never heard of it until I saw you guys recommend it!! Thanks for the heads up. Great movie! So different to what I normally watch and was very refreshing.

Chef 8/10

The food! Oh my god the food! Those steaks from the back yard smoker. Amazing looking and made me hungry.

Agree not the normal type of movie I enjoy but this was very good. Only complaint I can make was it made me very hungry watching it. Got an invite from my cousin who lives in arkansas that I am welcome to visit any time and this movie really makes me want to do a road trip that takes in a few places in the film.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Kajaki (Kilo Two Brazo in the US). Wow, what a crazy film. Real, on the edge of your seat stuff, based on a true story. 8/10

The miscommunication and the time it took to get our wounded soldiers out of the battlefield was utterly ridiculous though. It's just not acceptable. Also some of the soldiers just completely disregarding the fact that they are in a minefield and walking about like it's nothing was frustrating.

Soldato
Special Correspondents, written and directed by Ricky Gervais.. Starring Ricky and Eric Bana,

Low budget, netfix only, but really enjoyed it.. Subtle humor. Entertaining 8/10

I forgot, I watched this two nights back. Reasonable movie, a little predictable and a little simple, but made me smile a few times. 7/10.

Can't complain for free!

Caporegime
Agree with that, I found myself looking at my watch half way through. Its essentially 3 really good action sequences, interspersed with....I don't know...something boring, I can't remember.

Just realised I got the name wrong:p

I really enjoyed the fact that the bad guy wasn't the focus....

Of course there is one...But I found the interplay with the characters and the internal struggles far more engaging than simply good Vs Bad.

It played around with the Strauss binary oppositions and actually had good vs good which for this type of movie was interesting.

Cap's tug of war with the helicopter in 4DX was great....

I have not experienced 4DX before and loved every minute...

And I'm not a fan of CGI comic book spectacle..I didn't rate the last Avengers movie one bit...

For me...Civil War had character depth...emotional engagement and pretty damn good vacuous fight scenes....It wasnt just visual stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom