What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Just watched Wolverine. I must have missed a film or 2 as i havent got a clue what is happening... Since when was there no X-Men/mutants left?

Gene suppression via food supply. They're there, just controlled in the population and used as weapons by private interests. Probably took it from the source - comics.

Soldato
Jason Bourne - not as bad as I thought reading some reviews but not really necessary after the original trilogy ten years ago. Still who doesn't like a two hour chase with quick cameras and a hell of a lot of cars being chucked about? 3/5

Man of Honour
Recently watched a couple.

Fast & Furious 8:

Overall some half decent entertainment, although...

KsMNrN39lezKKBgVhWeDEtbzaz7ZcPG19cASRwn7U-k.jpg

Get Out:
This was some messed up movie, showed quite a bit of gore, and more or less felt like an advert for the TSA. Still, some decent entertainment.

Soldato
Swiss Army Man
what. the. ****

However.... 8/10 Really enjoyed it :D

Such charming nonsense is probably the best way I can describe the friendship between the corpse of Harry Potter and the depressed son from Little Miss Sunshine !!

Soldato
Swiss Army Man
what. the. ****

However.... 8/10 Really enjoyed it :D

Such charming nonsense is probably the best way I can describe the friendship between the corpse of Harry Potter and the depressed son from Little Miss Sunshine !!

Charming nonsense is a good way of describing it, I watched it on Friday and am still smiling.

Soldato
Underworld : Blood Wars (2016) 2/10

Utter tosh. Saw some other reviews on here and I watched it on the plane home a few days ago.

The film starts with a narrative trying to get anyone and everyone to catch up with a completely forgettable backstory of the Underworld Universe.

The CGI is poor and by the time it got to Beckinsale making a 'Gandalf-esque' return I was irritated.

Poor, poor and poor.

-----------------------------------------------------

Charlotte's Web (2006) 7/10

I have been reading this book to my children in the evening and I forgot how much of a lovely story it is. The film is also pretty good, and by the time the credits rolled I swear I had something in my eye!

-----------------------------------------------------

The Bridge (2006) 6/10

Recommended as a great documentary on another thread. I am a regular visitor to SF and I was naive and completely unaware of how much of a hotspot this was for suicide. Its a sad documentary and after reading how they filmed it (deluding the authorities) it seems a little macabre as well. Dont get me wrong....I love horror movies, its my favourite genre, but there is something about watching real footage of someone taking a nose dive off the bridge which makes my blood chill.

Soldato
deathstalker - a fantasy from 1982 - not sure how to rate it. it was terrible, cheap, lots of nudity and was very rapey.
black sheep - 7/10 - if you want a film about killer zombie sheep then this is for you.
godzilla vs biolante (not spelled right but really can't bothered to google it, even though i could have done it by now) - pretty crap, there are better 90's godzilla films.

Soldato
Get Out 7.8/10

Really really good. Not great but really good. Very well put together chiller. Good setup and atmosphere. Good performances all round. Minor comedy aspects. Can't talk a lot about the plot as dont want to give it away. A tiny bit preposterous but makes you think :D

Back
Top Bottom