What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
King Arthur Legend of the Sword.

No wonder it was an utter flop in the cinema.
Guy trying to use cokney slang and Snatch editing for a portrayal of King Arthur....dead god its a train wreck, with some really bad CGi as well.

Watched it last night to see what the fuss was about.

Yes it's a right pile of ****! :p

Beckhams (thankfully very short) performance did make me laugh with his high pitched little boy voice trying to act tough. Terrible!

At least he can be remembered for one of cinema's biggest flops of all time (and his acting days finished).

Last edited:
Soldato
Watched it last night to see what the fuss was about.

Yes it's a right pile of ****! :p

Beckhams (thankfully very short) performance did make me laugh with his high pitched little boy voice trying to act tough. Terrible!

At least he can be remembered for one of cinema's biggest flops of all time (and his acting days finished).
Never count them out. Like a horror baddy, the duds always return for one.. final... take!

Man of Honour
The Haunting (1999) - I remember this terrifying me when I saw it back in the day (possibly at the cinema).

Visually it's ages pretty well - the sets are impressive and the (horribly bombastic) CGI ghosts look very pretty too. As for being an actual horror / chiller film... what a car crash. The script is the worst culprit but the acting is poor too. The 'climax' is just... silly. 'Watchable fun' but very underwhelming other than for nostalgia reasons.

Probably a good ghostie flick for young teens but for anyone older (more susceptible to be distracted by scripts / acting) avoid, unless you want to see some unintentionally hilarious performances by Owen Wilson, Liam Neeson and Catherine Zeta Jones :D

3.5/10

Associate
Live By Night - 7.5/10

I know it got bad/middling reviews, but I thought it was well put together and managed to hold my attention for the full 2 hours. Affleck was fine, the plot didn't go full gangster (which is the impression I got from the reviews), and if I had to criticise I would have liked more of a bang to close out. Otherwise I don't regret watching it at all.

IP Man 6/10

It was ok. Was probably expecting too much but about halfway through I was already thinking I'd probably rather be watching The Raid.

Soldato
It Stains The Sands Red - 8/10

I posted a trailer for this about a month ago but no one seemed to care :D
Anyway, finally got to see it, and it's a pretty decent new take on the Zombie genre, no 'hordes' and no overpowered gun toting heroes. It's a lot more one on one personal.

Sure there's some stupidity towards the end, but it doesn't really spoil it for me.
Well worth a watch :)

Man of Honour
Godfather - I end up watching this every few years and I enjoyed it more than previously. Quite long and you need keen eyes and ears to understand whom is whom (more so than most films) but very good. Was particularly good to watch it with someone who had never watched it before... such shock and what to my mind are such 'obvious' scenes.... a victim of its own success.

Michael's character change is still a bit odd to me.

Still think marlon looks like a hamster :D

8.5/10

Permabanned
Fences

It REALLY doesn't want to distinguish itself from it's stage play roots and whilst I think that lack of distinction may bother many, I can't say it detracted too much for me.

Superb performances with a thick, juicy vein of rich and tasty character development throughout. Had me shedding a few tears by the end. Would recommend to anyone who likes character based dramas.

Man of Honour
Dunkirk - I enjoyed it, solid film but the constant music was a tad irritating.

How was the volume in general? I went to both Interstellar and Dark Knight and the volume was uncomfortable. Explosions/gunshots were pretty bad, and I'd imagine Dunkirk has a lot of each.

Maybe it's more down to the cinema than the director, but it's odd how I've only had that issue with Nolan films.

Back
Top Bottom