What film did you watch last night?

Permabanned
Shot Caller 8/10

One of the best films of 2017. Its about more than just a man screwed by life, it about loyalty and family, and where you will ever go to protect those you love brilliantly brought by excellent dialogues, directing and acting. The pace is perfect, keeps you intrigued and you have no idea what is going to happen to the guy until the very last moments.

Highly recommended.

Soldato
Shot Caller 8/10

One of the best films of 2017. Its about more than just a man screwed by life, it about loyalty and family, and where you will ever go to protect those you love brilliantly brought by excellent dialogues, directing and acting. The pace is perfect, keeps you intrigued and you have no idea what is going to happen to the guy until the very last moments.

Highly recommended.

Watched this a few weeks back and been recommending it to as many people as I can, it's excellent. I think a lot of people will ignore it on the basis it has Jamie from GOT in it and assume it'll not be much good.

Permabanned
Watched this a few weeks back and been recommending it to as many people as I can, it's excellent. I think a lot of people will ignore it on the basis it has Jamie from GOT in it and assume it'll not be much good.

See I've never watched GOT so I haven't got any basis on him haha. His range in Shot Caller is great though, he is a very good actor.

Soldato
Couldn't get into Baby Driver at all 3/10. The missus did enjoy it though and gave it 6/10.

Watched Hacksaw Ridge for the first time, loved it especially as it's a true story. 8/10

Associate
Shot Caller 8/10

Highly recommended.

thanks for recommendation....agree cracking film

Soldato
Super 8 - 7/10.

I probably would have thought higher of it if I hadn't seen Stranger Things first!... That said though it is good. I did find a few of the performances a bit weak though tbh.

It gets at least one extra point for showing the zombie movie during the credits too!

Soldato
Baby Driver, big disappointment, I was expecting something like Drive/The Town.
No idea why it's rated so high on IMDB.
Thought the whole story line was literally unbelievable, silly in fact.
Naff music too.
4/10

Soldato
Super 8 is great, but it tails off a bit at the end.
Derivative, wannabe, 80's homage, that people correctly label as mediocre, it's no stand by me, in fact not even ET or the Goonies (both dross in my book), somewhat loveless, like going through the motions film making.

The guys who made stranger things are clearly more talented, heck the people who made Vanessa Helsing (dire as it is) have more understanding of what made some 80s cinema inspiring.

Back
Top Bottom