What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Pimp Joker ruined it for me.

I was okay with that given we've seen so many iterations of the Joker, and even more if you've read any of the comics. I think they missed an opportunity to really get into the Joker/Harley Quinn dynamic where he's psychotically abusive, and she's suffering from extreme Stockholm syndrome. There was a chance to explore how he seduces her to madness while she thinks she's saving him, but as usual DC misses the target. There's just no time to do anything interesting with the characters in a film with so many other characters to cover, and the usual "save the world" story to get through.

Soldato
Geostorm - now I didnt go in to this with high expectations, but I do love a good cheesy disaster film and this was amazing.......amazing how bad you can actually make a disaster movie so boring! ....what an absolute crock, it made San Andreas look like Oscar material.

Literal facepalm moments, contrived plot conveniences to lurch the story along, terrible acting....and hardly any disaster scenes, if you have seen the trailer, you've seen them all....literally!

Soldato
I was okay with that given we've seen so many iterations of the Joker, and even more if you've read any of the comics. I think they missed an opportunity to really get into the Joker/Harley Quinn dynamic where he's psychotically abusive, and she's suffering from extreme Stockholm syndrome. There was a chance to explore how he seduces her to madness while she thinks she's saving him, but as usual DC misses the target. There's just no time to do anything interesting with the characters in a film with so many other characters to cover, and the usual "save the world" story to get through.

They actually did cover the dark stuff between Joker and Harley, but it was mostly cut out of the film... Leto was fuming.

Permabanned
Tyrannosaur - 8/10

Joseph, a man plagued by violence and a rage that is driving him to self-destruction, earns a chance of redemption that appears in the form of Hannah, a Christian charity shop worker.

Great film by Paddy Considine (starred in Dead Mans Shoe's another great movie) dark and gritty, thought provoking and it doesn't hold back. Well worth a watch with great performances from the cast.

image.jpg

Caporegime
Jupiter Ascending, 2 hours i'll never get back :rolleyes: The villain in the movie seemed to be doing an impression of hades from the wrath of the titans remake ffs.

Soldato
Angel Heart - 7/10.

A normal looking Mickey Rourke playing his part well combined with Robert DeNiro sporting some fetching fingernails... !

Good, but slightly odd film. Enjoyable enough though, had a bit of a noir feel to it.

Soldato
Geostorm.

Warra loada CROC. I love my disaster flicks but flipping hell, this made 2012 look good. I had predicted all the bad guys in the first 10minutes and the entire film is a cliché fest of drivel.

Ed Harris and Sheeran's talents are wasted on this film and Gerard Butler tries his best but ultimately it ends up as a disaster of a flick overall.

I'm thankful we saved £22 on Cineworld tickets when my bro in law said he can get them cheap on his NHS discount!

4/10

Soldato
Geostorm.

Warra loada CROC. I love my disaster flicks but flipping hell, this made 2012 look good. I had predicted all the bad guys in the first 10minutes and the entire film is a cliché fest of drivel.

Ed Harris and Sheeran's talents are wasted on this film and Gerard Butler tries his best but ultimately it ends up as a disaster of a flick overall.

I'm thankful we saved £22 on Cineworld tickets when my bro in law said he can get them cheap on his NHS discount!

4/10
4/10 sounds pretty generous to me :p

Man of Honour
Mirrors

This was pretty darn bad. I was up for a dumb horror film but nothing in this film stacked up. The set-up was cliched, the motive non-existent, it took far to long for the mystery to present itself, Jack Bauer delivered some incredibly hammy lines with a straight face then it all went completely lululul at the end.

The only thing of note is that there was one of the most unexpectedly grisly death scenes I'd ever seen - did not see that coming!!

My rating 4.5/10
Company's rating 4.5/10

Soldato
bone tomahawk - 4/10 i suppose. Most of it was slow and boring but well acted and then some pretty horrific violence. One death in particular was not nice at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom