What film did you watch last night?

Commissario
The Babysitter (2017) 7/10
A fun horror comedy that was suggested by people on another forum, that is about a boy who fancies his babysitter and decides to stay up and see what she gets up to after he's meant to be asleep.
It's hard to describe but it's really fun in the vein of Zombieland or Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the dead, and it's up on netflix, it's a slightly slow start but rapidly hits it's stride with some good misdirection and surprises.

Associate
I watched that about 6 months ago and that death scene still disturbs me. It must be akin to watching one of those ISIS decapitation videos that people feel the need to watch online. Ugh.

The director has just released Brawl in Cell Block 99 which sounds decent. I'm hoping it won't have anything like that in it!

EDIT: Oh :o

Yeah if Bone Tomahawk was too much give this one a miss

Caporegime
Snowden. Pretty good. JGL was good. The script was a bit heavy handed, but honestly I think that's always going to happen with these films that have such a clear agenda (even if it is one I agree with) and have a limited time to sell it hard.

One of the exchanges about freedom vs security actually made me think of this from Easy Rider last night:

Easy Rider said:
Billy: What the hell is wrong with freedom? That's what it's all about.

George Hanson: Oh, yeah, that's right. That's what's it's all about, all right. But talkin' about it and bein' it, that's two different things. I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em.

Back
Top Bottom