What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Watching Blade Runner 2049 again right now.
Brilliant. Like it more each time.
Cinemaphotography is amazing. So many scenes with focus on one colour. Beautiful.

Agreed, it's a superb movie, seems to whoosh over many folks heads though, not enough 'splosions, scantily clad ladies and swear words I guess. Massively generalising of course but films as good as this are few and far between and it frustrates the hell out of me.

I've watched it once at cinema and twice at home, just talking about it makes me want to watch again but carving out 3 hours for a movie is hard these days :(

Don
Agreed, it's a superb movie, seems to whoosh over many folks heads though, not enough 'splosions, scantily clad ladies and swear words I guess. Massively generalising of course but films as good as this are few and far between and it frustrates the hell out of me.

I've watched it once at cinema and twice at home, just talking about it makes me want to watch again but carving out 3 hours for a movie is hard these days :(
For me the original isn’t a patch on the sequel. About as perfect a film as you can get.

Associate
Avengers End game last night. 4k HDR with atmos. 6.5/10 Did not enjoy it as much as the previous 2 films. Think they tried to be too clever in some areas and the Thor story arc playing for comedy seemed out of tone with the rest of the film.

Last edited:
Associate
Avengers End game last night. 4k HDR with atmos. 6.5/10 Did not enoy it as much as the previous 2 films. Think they tried to be too clever in some areas and the Thor story arc playing for comedy seemed out of tone with the rest of the film.

It's kind of hard to look at Endgame as a stand alone film though. While I agree it's not as good as Infinity War, it's about as good a final chapter as anyone could have managed with that many character/actors/stories to include.

Soldato

Completely agree, it's a fantastic film and a better sequel to a classic film than could possibly have been hoped for.

Reminds me, I need to watch it again :)

Associate
Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs and Shaw (2019) - 4/10

An uneven film with a simple plot that is drawn out for far too long.

It’s quite varied in locations and scenarios, but the big action scenes are mediocre at best and let down by sloppy CGI work.

The humour is a nice change and is genuinely funny at times, but there’s too much macho posturing, family references, and the banter between the main leads becomes tiring by the end.

They should have stuck to racing cars and clever heists, as at least they were shorter and more exciting to watch.

Caporegime
Blade Runner 2049. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101/

No doubt I'll need (and want) to watch this again to gather a better-rounded understanding of it all, but regardless, I can honestly say this easily surpassed my expectations.

It seemed to get better the more it went on and if all film experiences were like that, I wouldn't want them to end...

For some reason, I thought Ridley Scott was the director, but when I saw Denis Villeneuve's name come up at the end, I wasn't surprised. I have high hopes for the next Dune project. :)

A work of art and very thought-provoking. Stunning use of colour, sound, and lighting.

Caporegime
Redline (2009)

Saw a gif on imgur showing 30s of this movie and then read the comments about it being 100% hand drawn coupled with it nearly bankrupting the production company as it took over 7 years to make. But my god...was it worth it.

Incredible and I mean INCREDIBLE animation and then you sit back and tell yourself that it was totally hand drawn it just makes you marvel at it even more. The story + plot is simple enough. The adrenaline is pumping. The sound is fantastic and like I say the animation is great.

Imagine wacky races for adults :D

Well worth a watch, only 100mins so it won't take up much of your life. Give it a go :)

Soldato
Lion King, 'live action'

Pretty crap. Basically worse than the cartoon in the slow bits (just weird seeing genital-less lions moving like real animals whilst jabbering away like humans), and no better in the faster bits. Quite unsettling, to be honest.

The kids liked it, though.

Soldato
The Crow 9/10

Been a few years since I've watched this & half if me didn't want to watch again in case I was disappointed as this was one of my favourite film from the 90s
The soundtrack took me straight back to my youth & I am pleased to say the film did not disappoint.

Brandon Lee was the perfect casting for the role IMO, & the soundtrack...wow!
It may be a lot of nostalgia but I really loved this film & I'm pleased to say even after many years of not rewatching its as good as ever.

Soldato
Hobbs & Shaw 7.5/10
The Rock and Statham are great together both did a good acting job it was not phoned in, I want to see them in more movies together
Some of the hobbs jokes i suspect the rock came came up with them the shoelaces one was good.

The girl who play shaws sister, I dont know who she is but she was good.
They went all out to build up the new franchise cast
( Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Idris Elba, Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds, Kevin Hart)
Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne Johnson work well together after watching them for a bit my suspicion of them being great as A Team's Murdock and BA was on point, maybe a movie for them in the future together
it's not really a Fast & Furious movie but it a good all out action movie from start to finish, I really liked some of the stunts (the one with the bus)

The only disappointment I had are Idris Elba was a little bland and boring, it could have also done with a little more story and build up.

Back
Top Bottom