What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Watched The Lion King. 6.5/10

It was decent enough and I liked that it stayed true to the original for the most part. I really liked what they did with Simba's mane getting to Rafiki. The animation on the animals was really well done and some scenes looked really real (were they?)

But the strongest feature of the film was also it's weakest point. I hated the animation, even though it was amazing. Just looking at real animals conveyed no emotions to me and it all felt a bit soulless. At least in the cartoon they could give them human expressions to an extent.

Associate
Gone Girl - 7/10

It's been on my watch list for a while, but I think after waiting so long and reading so much hype about it, I probably hyped it up too much in my mind - It was not as good as it has been raved about, in my opinion at least.

Still a decent film, and worth a watch - Rosamund Pike was incredible, but Ben Affleck is such a boring actor. He feels, to me, like one of those actors that just plays himself in every film he does.

Other highlights were the soundtrack by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, which as per usual was incredible and really added to the atmosphere.

I caught this by chance on iPlayer.

Given it was produced by David Fincher it caught my eye - Agree 100% with your review, it kept me captivated but, I dunno if its a lack of emotion from Affleck?

I would say Gone Girl is his best performance, albeit, this is the second film I have seen Affleck in (other than Pearl Harbour which was a shocker - I hate when Hollywood turns war films turn into love triangles - just why!) :o

I think there is a film The Accountant with Ben Affleck on Netflix; debating to give it a watch. My choice is influenced by The American with George Clooney - one of my favourite films and I am guessing, the film might be of similar vein... (probably wrong)

Soldato
I caught this by chance on iPlayer.

Given it was produced by David Fincher it caught my eye - Agree 100% with your review, it kept me captivated but, I dunno if its a lack of emotion from Affleck?

I would say Gone Girl is his best performance, albeit, this is the second film I have seen Affleck in (other than Pearl Harbour which was a shocker - I hate when Hollywood turns war films turn into love triangles - just why!) :o

I think there is a film The Accountant with Ben Affleck on Netflix; debating to give it a watch. My choice is influenced by The American with George Clooney - one of my favourite films and I am guessing, the film might be of similar vein... (probably wrong)

Watch The Town, partially written by, directed by and starring Affleck, it's excellent.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Mars attacks - 2/10

Genuinely utterly awful. I struggle to think of any redeemable quality to the film. It’s like one of those parody films that has a list of things to lampoon and literally just ticks them off one by one in the least imaginative or funny way.

Reading the IMDB films it seems like I am missing the political, military, religious and social commentary that is so witty in the film. It’s like a child went about making the most blunt, obvious and over the top observation about all these things without any wit or intelligence.

Back
Top Bottom