What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

7/10 for me. Not one I'd likely ever re-watch and prob my second least fav Tarantino film after Hateful Eight. It wasn't that great ultimately. Style over substance at times. The end was pretty cool but all came too late for me. Too slow to begin with and needed a better story. And again as others have said.. great if you like feet ;)

At the cinema, a lot of people were coming out moaning that it was too long.

For me it was a film that had me checking my watch numerous times. Last 5 mins was great, shame it took so long to get there with the plot. The violence was one thing, it was more that something happened. Trying to remember anything that stood out before then........ nope.

Could just not be a film for me, 6/10.

Soldato
Watched it again on C4 tonight. I think I was a bit harsh. It's probably a 6/10.
No way is it as bad as other 4/10 films I've rated :p (Take a bow, Prometheus).
Overall it's a low-budget Marvel film and it's fairly by-the-numbers. It was never going to be film of the decade. But it's watchable.

That is an incredible act of kindness to wards prometheus.,

Soldato
Angel has Fallen

Plot so predictable I saw every twist coming...I could see who the bad guys were after 5 mins and who the person behind the scrambled voice was and also why they did it...

That said though I really enjoyed it, it was good fun, B-movie fun. It’s one of those that you know what it is selling and it does it well, like a really greasy kebab.

It was alright. but then I knew what to expect going by the first two. Some snide remarks at the current US government, as well as a slight take on Trumps' name.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm rather enjoying Fargo though I haven't quite seen the whole film yet. Surprised I've not seen it before - despite seeing it mentioned all over the place.

Soldato
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Wow enjoyed that so much more than I expected. I’ve heard the mixed reviews but that was all. There were some fantastic surprises in there and I would love to hear people’s thoughts on the messages in the film. It is obvious now why left leaning media have gone on the attack against Tarantino. I would love to hear what he has to say about it.

As a huge Bruce Lee fan I found the so called “controversial” segment fine, it is completely in the spirit of the film bending reality and a solid establishing scene showing Pitts characters ability to look after himself.

8 /10

Caporegime
Blade Runner 2049 - 7/10

Stylish, and a fairly decent attempt at continuing the story from the first film.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense in many places. But a good film and for me just lacking a little bit of focus - sometimes it felt like we were just drifting around.

Soldato
John Wick 3 - 6/10

I do like the franchise but at one point I just got bored of the repetitive martial art head shot combos. They need to shorten the fights and move on at a faster pace as the film was getting tiring to watch at over 2 hrs!

Last edited:
Soldato
Blade Runner 2049 - 7/10

Stylish, and a fairly decent attempt at continuing the story from the first film.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense in many places. But a good film and for me just lacking a little bit of focus - sometimes it felt like we were just drifting around.

Agreed. It's a good movie and as solid a sequel as I could have hoped for - it's just a sequel that didn't need to be made and one that arguably detracts from the original, which was better all round.

Associate
Good Boys (2019) - 8/10

The innocence of youth and childhood mischief is truly captured in this funny and heartwarming story thanks both to the simple and fun plot and great performances from the lead cast.

Plenty of “misunderstanding” jokes make it funny, the good moral ending sits well with the setting and tone, and apart from the general subject matter, there’s no over the top gross out moments to spoil everything.

A little too long and a bit too much swearing, but humorous and enjoyable throughout.

Back
Top Bottom