What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Prey

7/10 Great open views. action and acting not bad. Best thing about film is the American dingo. Good boy!

Soldato
Prey - 7½/10

Really enjoyed it, a couple of rather convenient plot points I thought, but generally very enjoyable.
Rewatched it this weekend as was more than a little drunk when I watched it last weekend - your score is about right.

Definitely some plot convenience but let's not forget, the original had two massive convenient plot devices that allowed Dutch to both survive a chase and then defeat the Predator - mud slide to water while being chased and then fully covered in mud as he hides in the roots and then the Predator standing under his counterweight.

However these movies need a certain amount of convenience - it's just we disregard it in the classics and are generally more critical in modern movies.

Soldato
"Split Second", 1992 sci-fi movie with Rutger Hauer. I've a real soft spot for this film but, wow, some of the acting, dialogue, voice work, etc is terrible.
Strangely prescient opening scene set-up though.
It also features a topless Kim Cattrall, for those that are interested

Permabanned
"Split Second", 1992 sci-fi movie with Rutger Hauer. I've a real soft spot for this film but, wow, some of the acting, dialogue, voice work, etc is terrible.
Strangely prescient opening scene set-up though.
It also features a topless Kim Cattrall, for those that are interested
She's always had that "I'm pure filth" look about her.
KIM-CATTRALL.jpg

Permabanned

Lake Bell plays a single woman who takes the place of a stranger's blind date, which leads to her finding the perfect boyfriend (Simon Pegg).

Pretty good to be honest. Light hearted stuff based in London. Lake does a brilliant British accent.

Permabanned

Down on her luck and saddled with debt, Emily gets involved in a credit card scam that pulls her into the criminal underworld of Los Angeles, ultimately leading to deadly consequences.

Soldato
Everything, Everywhere, All at Once, a masterpiece of dark philosophical comedy, basically if the Matrix, the Raid, Multiverse of Madness and Kung Fu Hustle, with the humour of South Park were morphed into a single film

Soldato
Nope - 2/10

Just didn't connect at all with this, dull and boring, nothing happens. Didn't get whatever the message was he was trying across.

I enjoyed Get Out, thought Us was utter rubbish and this was worse, don't think I'll rush to see his next one.

Soldato
Minions: Rise of Gru - 4/10 for story but 9/10 for comedy - I love the Minions and the more time spent trying to make the plot happen away from the Minions was time which, for me at least, hurt the film. I imagine its a bit like like Mr Bean, you don't need a massively over-complicated plot with double crosses and betrayals, you just need Mr Bean in funny situations and it's the same with the Minions, they're awesome on their own without having to kludge together a story around them.

Back
Top Bottom