What film did you watch last night?

He’s not wrong! Flexible pricing is a good idea. Perhaps studios can set a tier according to the films budget. That tier corresponds to a price at each cinema chain e.g. tier A is full price, B is 75%, C is 50% etc.

Unquestionably, you are taking more of a “risk” when you go to see an art house film compared to a modern blockbuster. Maybe it’s about time that is recognised.

Everything Everywhere All at Once

I think I might need another watch with this one. Honestly, I was very underwhelmed despite all the hype, and I say this as a Chinese person who speaks Cantonese (the language Evelyn speaks to her dad with), and who relates to a lot of the themes like the differences in opinion between the generations of family, and the dismissive parents. I went back and looked at a few reviews after finishing it, and I agree with what Red Letter Media said about it - the pacing is quite hectic and honestly a bit tiresome to keep up with for 2+ hours straight, and there's a few too many "now would be a good time to wrap things up...ok after this....or after this...is the ending coming up now?".

Initial score, 6/10.

Last edited:
Bokeh (Netflix 2017)

Don't know if anyone has seen this and spoiler alert but who cares, it's about this couple in a hotel in Iceland, and there is a wierd flash of light outside, the next morning everyone has vanished apart from this couple.

They then wonder around for a while until they find this old man who is wierdly still there.

And that's it. Quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen.

0/10.

Last edited:
Changeling 2008

Clint Eastwood directed Angelina Jolie Stars . Set in 1930's & based on true story, A Mother loses her child by abduction & corrupt LAPD locate and return under much publicity what is clear too her not her child.

First viewing (missed this somehow) Good movie worth a watch 7.5/10

All Quiet on the Western Front (2022) - 9/10

As visually stunning as it is horrific with plenty of atmosphere and a constant overhanging sense of dread, it perfectly balances the stillness and calm with the scenes of combat, both of which are portrayed on a grand scale.

The acting is superb with plenty of emotions and powerfully emotive scenes throughout, ranging from grim trench warfare to light hearted and fun camaraderie.

Even without a strong central narrative it effectively tells its well-worn story of a new recruit’s tour of duty and whilst a bit slow and long at times, I was hooked until the end.

True Romance (1993) 9/10

Seen this many many times before but watched it yet again yesterday on 4k

Stunning film with a great amount of actors , the scene between Christoper Walken and Dennis Hopper is absolute gold :cry:

If you have never seen the film i implore you do so , you will not be disappointed ... Written by Quentin Tarantino and directed by Tony Scott.

Last edited:
True Romance (1993) 9/10

Seen this many many times before but watched it yet again yesterday on 4k

Stunning film with a great amount of actors , the scene between Christoper Walken and Dennis Hopper is absolute gold :cry:

If you have never seen the film i implore you do so , you will not be disappointed ... Written by Quentin Tarantino and directed by Tony Scott.
Great film, love it.

Hans Zimmer on the soundtrack too:

Back
Top Bottom