What film did you watch last night?

True Romance (1993) 9/10

Seen this many many times before but watched it yet again yesterday on 4k

Stunning film with a great amount of actors , the scene between Christoper Walken and Dennis Hopper is absolute gold :cry:

If you have never seen the film i implore you do so , you will not be disappointed ... Written by Quentin Tarantino and directed by Tony Scott.
One of the best movies of all time, in my top 10 - just excellent from start to finish.

Watched Prey last night. 5.5 I think is a fair rating for it.

Not too original and a bit of a copy from the first movie.

Would have scored better and maybe been a better movie overall if the writers hadn’t made the main character the super woman who needed to think for all the useless men, oh and somehow made her a martial arts ninja Indian warrior.

Dirty Harry

Just a classic film all round. Watching with a glass of whisky in hand and it felt like looking through a time machine into 1970s San Francisco.

9/10

Dirty Harry

Just a classic film all round. Watching with a glass of whisky in hand and it felt like looking through a time machine into 1970s San Francisco.

9/10
My Dad just gave me the Dirty Harry Blu-ray box set as he's just bought himself a Clint Eastwood 40 film collection. Not a huge Dirty Harry fan, though I'm not sure I've seen all the films, and none of them for 30+ years when I seem to remember watching The Dead Pool. I'll get round to them at some point, though they're not high on my priority watch list.

My Dad just gave me the Dirty Harry Blu-ray box set as he's just bought himself a Clint Eastwood 40 film collection. Not a huge Dirty Harry fan, though I'm not sure I've seen all the films, and none of them for 30+ years when I seem to remember watching The Dead Pool. I'll get round to them at some point, though they're not high on my priority watch list.

I have the Dirty Harry bluray boxset too, and funnily enough also a gift from my Dad. Shout-out to Dads :-)

The Virtuoso on Netflix, once again a reminder to check IMDB scores and not trusting Netflix percentages of how much i'll like something.

In my defence, it had Hopkins and Anson Mount, an intriguing snippet on the autoplay so thought it would be decent.

An elite assassin, a Virtuoso in his field is tasked to kill someone in a small town and given little clues to go on. He bumbles from hit to hit killing anyone who might be his target, but it's ok, they were all bad people after the fact. It's borderline comedic.

I didn't finish, I fell asleep, I might revisit tonight to see how much worse it can get.

The Batman.

Wasn't looking forward to this, reboot again with RP whom I only know from the Twiglet films. Dark Knight is one of my all time favourite films so why did they do this?

Anyway, really good film. Had a air of realness about it even though its set in a fantasy city. Villains all good, Riddler done very well, top notch film that I should have watch at the cinema but still very much enjoyed at home.

Django Unchained again. That was 5th time probably. One of the best movies ever made in my opinion.
Great to have choice of IPTV players and be able to stream almost everything what is available online https://www.firesticktricks.com/iptv-players.html.
No idea how we lived without firestick in the past. Curious if someone is still use cable tv at home. That would be weird to imagine even.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom