What film did you watch last night?

Hellraiser (2022). - 7/10

Im a big Hellraiser fan, and this was OK, I suppose for a more "up-to-date" version as a standalone, but tbh I still miss Doug Bradley as Pinhead. :(

Last edited:
Hellraiser (2022). - 7/10

Im a big Hellraiser fan, and this was OK, I suppose for a more "up-to-date" version as a standalone, but tbh I still miss Doug Bradley as Pinhead. :(
New Pinhead could have been anybody under the makeup once you factor in the voice change, the actor/ess added nothing.

Cenobites were sadly a bit too rubbery/latex and clean - cenobites in the older movies still feel visceral and real.

I also hate messing with the lore, it was generally whoever solved the box got taken, now it's just any randomer that gets cut, sloppy change.

New Pinhead could have been anybody under the makeup once you factor in the voice change, the actor/ess added nothing.

Cenobites were sadly a bit too rubbery/latex and clean - cenobites in the older movies still feel visceral and real.

I also hate messing with the lore, it was generally whoever solved the box got taken, now it's just any randomer that gets cut, sloppy change.

thats true. when you mention it, the Cenobites were much more raw and realistic in the originals.

Yeah, the knife pricking someone and then they are history, was kinda lame..

As the Gods Will 6/10

We enjoy watching Alice in Borderland, Squid Games, All of us are Dead so gave this 2014 movie a try. Not as polished as the most recent shows, but definitely a bit gruesome and provided inspiration for AiB, SG etc. Couldn't find any info about whether there will be a ATGW 2.

The Fabelmans (2023) - 7/10

A very personal story about the younger years of Steven Spielberg as he develops his passion for making movies whilst his family life falls apart.

There’s plenty of highs and lows and lots of familial strife, which is portrayed very well by the cast, especially the mother, as they relocate across America.

The home made movies were fun to watch and the story is heartwarming and awkward at times, but it stops before he starts making real movies, missing out on the magic behind the movies which he’s famous for.

Although a very important part of his life to him, I’m not sure how interesting it would be to everyone else, although its good pacing and variety keep things moving.

Mortal Kombat - 0/5

I expected it to be bad, I didn't expect it to be this bad. The only highlight was seeing the end credits start to roll down the screen and knowing the torment was over.

Get over here? No, please **** off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom