What film did you watch last night?

Cocaine Bear - 2/10

Now, I knew it wasn't going to be a masterpiece, but god it was dire. Awful acting, awful dialogue with a couple of laughs.
Some of the boy's dialogue was slightly off (literally a couple of lines from what I remember) but there was certainly nothing wrong with the acting :confused: I thought it was good fun.

predator (the original one from 1987, not one of the crappy clones that have been done since then)

10/10 why? well written action/thriller film with arnie in his prime

"get to da chopper"
always reminds me of work that quote.
Had a mini argument with someone as they were dead cert it came from commando.

While watching the excellent S3 of Picard, i felt a hankering to watch:

First Contact - love it.

Insurrection - this was bad. I would have been disappointed if i had gone to the cinema to watch this! It opened like Pride and Prejudice movie and the special effects? OMG - very, very poor. The whole movie felt like a 2 parter episode. It would have been great as episodes, but as a ST TNG movie - ooooof

Nemesis - still to watch.

John Wick: Chapter 4 (2023) - 6/10

A bullet ballet with lots of overly long action scenes full of complex fight choreography.

It looks and plays out just like a videogame – the protagonist defeats an overwhelming number of enemies, shrugs off damage like it is nothing and bystanders either don’t exist or act oblivious to the ensuing violence.

The setting always required a suspension of belief and realism, but this one with its bullet proof suits and vehicle fight scene was ridiculous.

The settings are opulently stylish, the characters are outlandish and the plot is refreshingly simple, but it all felt a bit too silly this time around.

Some sequences were entertaining, the support cast and their fluid alliances was good, the ending was rather fitting and although a long film, it didn’t feel it.

I wonder if Andor makes Rogue 1 seem better. I personally thought it was overwhelmingly average and the only memorable character was the droid. I think the end segueing into the original trilogy adds a lot of nostalgia points to it.

Back
Top Bottom