What film did you watch last night?

Agreed

When I first watched it on DVD I really loved it.

Watched it again about 3 years ago with my wife and it seemed quite simplistic.
Still love Firefly. It is fairly formulaic but the humour and the settings just worked for me. Serenity was okay but obviously a rushed ending to a cancelled show.

Watched the latest Black Panther (2).
Other than Black Panther I cannot name one single character from the film. Clearly another victim of the current Hollywood culture.
Boring and tedious.

2/10

The Fall - 5/10

Characters annoyed the hell out of me. The premise was quite cool though and the tension was good throughout. Felt a bit like Final Destination :D.

How the fudge did they manage to rescue her?! Helicopter flying right above with a super long safety harness? Steeplejacks? She's stuck and then... she's not.
I don't think there would be any specific reason why a rescue chopper couldn't winch her off the top, the extra bit above her was only 50 feet or so. It was only really not shown for narrative reasons to make you think that the dad might have been too late and it was her body they were carting away.

The Art of Self Defense (2019) on Netflix.

5/10 - Wouldn't watch again and didn't really enjoy it. Can't really put my finger on it but it just didn't click. The story was predictable, you could sort of guess the twist quite early on, wasn't really funny. I was tempted to turn off about halfway through but slogged through, without any real payoff.

rp2000

The Hunt lol/10

Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don't know where they are, or how they got there. They don't know they've been chosen - for a very specific purpose - The Hunt.

So stupid, enjoyed it :)

The_Hunt_2020_poster.png

Last edited:
The recent series of Picard being so good has given me the urge to watch through all the Trek movies from TMP onwards, however watched about half of the first last night and it's hard going - not sure if it's just aged badly or was never actually that good to start with.

Back
Top Bottom