What film did you watch last night?

65 - 6.5/10 (no pun intended on the score)

Needed more dinosaur action and less half baked emotional backstory, just wasn't needed - it could have achieved the emotional hit with some tighter, less cliched storytelling.

Dinosaur scenes were impressive though and wouldn't mind more movies in the same style.

Everything Everywhere All At Once - 8/10

Kinda hard to sum up, pretty wild but rooted in a nice little familial story. I can see why it won awards, I've never seen anything quite like it....not like a stone cold classic movie but gets lots of bonus points for being different, good performances.

I can see it being a bit marmite though, very absurd in places.

Serenity (2005) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/

Some quite impressive effects for the time and vibrant sets, but I quickly found it wasn't quite my cup of tea. Switched off.
Tbf while there are a handful of good episodes, the original Firefly show which Serenity caps off lives on through rose tinted specs from a vehement hardcore group of fans - it was above average when it first came out but due to it's cancelled nature, has reached legendary status in the echoes of the interweb.

In it's defence, Fox really mishandled it's broadcasting so it never had the chance it deserved to take off.

Last edited:
The Fall - 5/10

Characters annoyed the hell out of me. The premise was quite cool though and the tension was good throughout. Felt a bit like Final Destination :D.

How the fudge did they manage to rescue her?! Helicopter flying right above with a super long safety harness? Steeplejacks? She's stuck and then... she's not.

Panic Room (2002), switching through Sky last night and watched it.

Was ok, Jodie Foster always does a good performance. Jered Leto and Kristen Stewart looked young in supporting roles with Whittaker.

Last edited:
Champions 7/10

A former minor-league basketball coach is ordered by the court to manage a team of players with intellectual disabilities. He soon realizes that despite his doubts, together, this team can go further than they ever imagined.

Feel good, heart warming movie, I enjoyed it :)

MV5BOTYwMWJjZTgtMzJiNS00OGIzLWE1NDYtNjgwMDUwYjZiOTc5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA2MDU0NjM5._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Tbf while there are a handful of good episodes, the original Firefly show which Serenity caps off lives on through rose tinted specs from a vehement hardcore group of fans - it was above average when it first came out but due to it's cancelled nature, has reached legendary status in the echoes of the interweb.

In it's defence, Fox really mishandled it's broadcasting so it never had the chance it deserved to take off.
Agreed

When I first watched it on DVD I really loved it.

Watched it again about 3 years ago with my wife and it seemed quite simplistic.

The Fall - 5/10

Characters annoyed the hell out of me. The premise was quite cool though and the tension was good throughout. Felt a bit like Final Destination :D.

How the fudge did they manage to rescue her?! Helicopter flying right above with a super long safety harness? Steeplejacks? She's stuck and then... she's not.
Easy

they ran out of budget so she teleported down

Back
Top Bottom