What film did you watch last night?

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves (2023) - 7/10

Just as you’d expect, complete with Dungeons, Dragons, Thieves and some Honor amongst them.

The plot was predictable if a bit bitty at times, the characters were likeable and each had their own arc, the special effects were great and overall, it was good and simple fun.

Although there was plenty of magic, magical creatures, mythical settings and animal/human hybrids to see, it was all shown without any fuss, as though it was just part of everyday life.

A few comical moments during their adventure, but I felt as though it could have been more.

Dungeon & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves - 8/10
Felt like it remains true to D&D and the PC games. Likeable turns from the main characters and effective villians. Will appeal particularly those who are into D&D either on paper or PC gaming (some of the spell effects were recognisable).

Got a hankering to go play Baldur's Gate again.

wasnt fussed tbh, creed 3 was like watching an updated rocky 3. been there seen that sort of thing, its watchable, and entertaining, but all way through all i could think off was rocky 3 lol

wasnt fussed tbh, creed 3 was like watching an updated rocky 3. been there seen that sort of thing, its watchable, and entertaining, but all way through all i could think off was rocky 3 lol

A worse rocky 3. It doesn't have those same feelings old rocky movies used to invoke. Thought it was pretty boring, I quite enjoyed 1 and 2 too.

John Wick 4 : 2/10

Disclaimer, I'm not a huge fan of the series. I thought 1 was good, 2 was meh and 3 was garbage. I had every expectation that 4 was going to be worse, but went with a mate who is a fan and was willing to take one for the team. But this far exceeded my already low expectations of terribleness by being truly and utterly dire. Even my friend the fan, was just bored and sighing all the way through. And if I'd realised it was nearly 3 hrs long, I'd have insisted we'd seen D&D instead.

It gets 5.4 on IMDB and 32% on RT which makes it a 10 in my book :thumbs up:

Addicted to Fresno (formerly Fresno) is a 2015 American dark comedy film directed by Jamie Babbit and written by Karey Dornetto.[1] The film stars Natasha Lyonne and Judy Greer as two sisters that find themselves in trouble after housekeeper Shannon Jackson (Greer) accidentally kills a guest at the hotel employing her and younger sister Martha (Lyonne). The film had its world premiere on March 14, 2015, at South by Southwest. It was released in the United States on September 1, 2015, through video on demand, and was given a limited theatrical release on October 2, 2015, by Gravitas Ventures.[2][3]

Judy Greer and Fred Armisen in the same film? SIGN ME UP.

e: also Ron Livingston, Aubrey Plaza, and Natasha Lyonne. Probably should have lead with those in hindsight ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom