What film did you watch last night?

The Super Mario Bros. Movie 7/10

Didn't think it could top the 1993 version but this just pips it at the post. Loved the Mario Kart segment, nod to Luigi's Mansion and the powerups.

Last edited:
Everything Everywhere All At Once
5/10

I gave it a few points for effort. But it was a bit of a slog to get through. For time travel or multivers stories I would recommend Beyond The Infinate Two Minutes or Coherence instead.

Last edited:
The Covenant - 7/10
And even through to the end I wasn't sure how it would turn out, so it kept the suspension going.
You know what, I thought I'd read 'even though I knew how it would turn out' as to me it seemed a little obvious, no? But yes, was a reasonably good movie.

So, is it based on real events? IMDb doesn't mention this? If not, I would probably drop it to a 6.

Thanks, I thought it was, but was surprised it wasn't on the poster I could see or mentioned in the IMDb summary. I also expected much more in the 'Trivia' about it, but maybe that will take a little more time.

Last edited:
Thanks, I thought it was, but was surprised it wasn't on the poster I could see or mentioned in the IMDb summary. I also expected much more in the 'Trivia' about it, but maybe that will take a little more time.
It's based on REAL EVENTS, which is what you asked and I replied yes to, not specifically a true story in the film, that was obviously put together. Even says half way day on the page that @smokedog put that it's based on real events. A lot interpreters sacrificed their lives during war and the film basically is paying homage to them.

Top Gun Maverick

Good lord that was fun. The run to the Uranium plant at the end is one of the most deliciously constructed action set pieces I've seen in a very long time.
Last film i seen at the cinema, was a cracker alright, must watch it again, but the cinema experience was 1st class.

watched both the last of the mohicans, 9/10 and the generals daughter 6/10 last night, 2 very enjoyable fill ums

Universal Soldier: Regeneration 8/10​

Definitely deserves a higher rating that the iDMB one, I thought it was brilliant.

It's based on REAL EVENTS, which is what you asked and I replied yes to, not specifically a true story in the film, that was obviously put together. Even says half way day on the page that @smokedog put that it's based on real events. A lot interpreters sacrificed their lives during war and the film basically is paying homage to them.
Yes, that has been said... thanks. I'm now saying, in the article it doesn't mention anyone dragging a soldier 100km... which, if it didn't happen, I would suggest they might be stretching 'based on' quite a long way, no? "It's the kind of thing that might have happened.", "Oh, did someone do that?!", "Well no, but they might have...". 'Based on' to me says it happened, but the way it happened and the bits all around it are made up. If they made the central piece up, surely that's different? In this context, 'Rocky' is based on real events too. Maybe even Iron Man. "It's the kind of thing that could happen if Elon went just that little bit more crazy".

For me it definitely lops a point of the score. It wasn't super exciting, but if it was based on an actual event, you can forgive that. If it was made up, then... hmm, not as good is all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom