What film did you watch last night?

the village (2004)

gave it a 7.5

was a interesting watch. its about a film about a village in a desolate town in old america being haunted by a creature in the forest. had the normal plot twist at the end that makes things more awkward for the villagers

directed by M. Night Shyamalan. not his best of his movies, but it was worth the watch time

Oh might check it out that the one Bryce Dallas Howard right?

John Wick 4 - 7/10

Enjoyable but an absolutely ridiculous story which is to be expected. Keanu's acting doesn't get better with age and seems to be taking combat tips from Batfink.

Visually it looked amazing in 4K HDR on QD-OLED.

Last edited:
John Wick 4 - 7/10

Enjoyable but an absolutely ridiculous story which is to be expected. Keanu's acting doesn't get better with age and seems to be taking combat tips from Batfink.

Visually it looked amazing in 4K HDR on QD-OLED.
"my wings are like a shield of steel"

That's all I am going to think of now when I watch it again.

Well played sir
Finally someone else is saying it - i've been banging this drum since 2017 :D

Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 3

9/10

Almost perfection. Loved it from start to finish, loved the dive into Rockets past that brought such emotion to the film, but also the send off. Kinda found myself comparing how good this was to how bad recent marvels have been, which made it even better. Rated it right up there with volume 1, although that still is the best one for me. Excellent.

Repulsion (1965)

Psychological horror directed by Roman Polanski. Never heard of this film until I watched a top 20 horror Sky documentary recently. I never knew Polanski had created horror films other than Rosemary's Baby.

Polanski's Frantic (1988) remains one of my favourite Hitchcockesque thrillers starring Harrison Ford.

Repulsion, a film made at the height of the swinging sixties with actress, Catherine Deneuve, who reminds me of Francois Hardy of the film Grand Prix.

Thought this was going to be a slog at the beginning. Not sure what to score, it's good but very dark.

Last edited:
Hypnotic 2023 - 3/10 - How on earth did this make it to the Cinema. Pretty disappointing. B movie at best.

Last edited:
Jaws.
Totally mesmerized start to finish even after a gazillion watches. What a film. 11/10
I recently watched this in 3D at the cinema. It was awesome. The 3D was subtle and really added depth and intensity to some scenes. Not like the forced stuff in a lot of films (I'm looking at you, Jaws 3D).
It remains my absolute favourite film and one I have seen a ridiculous number of times. One of those rare movies that stops me dead if I drift past a TV and see it on.

I recently watched this in 3D at the cinema. It was awesome. The 3D was subtle and really added depth and intensity to some scenes. Not like the forced stuff in a lot of films (I'm looking at you, Jaws 3D).
It remains my absolute favourite film and one I have seen a ridiculous number of times. One of those rare movies that stops me dead if I drift past a TV and see it on.
There was a bit that really made me jump when I saw it the other night.

When that person's head pokes out from the wreckage...

I don't know whether that bit would make me jump if, say, I saw the film again in a few months time,
but it certainly had an effect on me this time!

I will also recommend checking out this channel for movie retrospectives. https://www.youtube.com/@LaytonEversaul/videos
He has done one or more videos on the Jaws series - though not yet about the first one.

Last edited:
There was a bit that really made me jump when I saw it the other night.

When that person's head pokes out from the wreckage...

I don't know whether that bit would make me jump if, say, I saw the film again in a few months time,
but it certainly had an effect on me this time!

I will also recommend checking out this channel for movie retrospectives. https://www.youtube.com/@LaytonEversaul/videos
He has done one or more videos on the Jaws series - though not yet about the first one.
That bit always gets me and I've seen the film lots.

Back
Top Bottom