What film did you watch last night?

12 monkeys

film about bruce willis being some kind of time traveling investigator trying to find the origins of a virus that was released and killed most of the human race

Its a very weird movie. I suspect people who wrote the script were survivors some military experiment of putting people on LSD, but its a quirkey fun watch anyway

I would normally give it a high rating as being a 90s flick, but I can't do that as this film weirded me out

So I will give it a 8/10
Great film. Especially thanks to Madeleine Stowe!

John Wick 4 (my local cinema is so behind I swear they torrent their films ).
It's ok, too long and a lot of style over substance but my main gripe is that it's just ridiculous now. In JW1 it's all fairly grounded. Now John is basically a Marvel superhero. How many times did he get hit by cars, fall from stupid heights, smash into things on the way down and then just shrug it off? He rolls down all those steps multiple times, without a scratch. And each time he gets up and fights as if he's fresh as a daisy. Wolverine has nothing on John Wick.
As much fun as it is, my ability to suspend disbelief was sorely stretched.

Last edited:
I remember going to the cinema with a friend to see Starship Troopers. I'd never heard of it and knew nothing about it so wasn't expecting much, but I thought it was a great film; cheesy, funny and highly entertaining. Bought it on video as soon as it was released, then DVD, and just bought the Blu-ray last month so I can watch it on a cinema screen in VR :).
Not many films pull off being a great action movie, and a great political satire at the same time.

The effects still look great, I need to rewatch it.

Thelma and Louise (1991) 9/10

Superb performances from Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis (her husband was soo funny). Watched it a few times back in the day. Loved the re-watch.

Criterion have just released tye excellent remaster in UHD.

uc

Shazam 2 - 6/10

Was really enjoying the first half, some great humour. Second half was noticeably weaker though and it kind of descended into a CGI vs CGI fest. Not as good as the first. Also too long for the amount of actual time the story needed, becoming a common problem these days. Two films now this week I've been waiting for the end for the last 30 mins or so.

The last days of american crime (2002)

1/10

Its the first film in my life I ever wathced and though to myself 'I could have done some less painful things in my life than watch this crap....like rubbiing my eyes with shards of glass'

I won't bore you with the details, apart from the fact that its dull and the acting is as convincing as putting an ejector seat on a helicopter.

Last edited:
Last breath 8/10 was recommended it by my brother so thought I'd give it a bash. Noticed a few on here have seen it too. With it being a true story it makes it all that bit more shocking/emotional.

Back
Top Bottom