What film did you watch last night?

Sisu 8/10

Would describe it as a more violent Rambo with some elements of john wick worked in.

Proper brain off, enjoy the experience film.
Inglorious ******** meets John Wick.

Edit: Seriously admin/mods, you can't even use the (in)correct spelling for that film on this forum? What a joke. Somebody really needs to go through the filter and fix broken **** like that.

Last edited:
Thanks for mentioning the doc. I've been watching it on Netflix, and even though I'm not interested in basketball, it's still a fascinating watch. :)

Nor me, not remotely interested. I can name about as many players as I have in fingers but the doc is so well done, using film stock that looks like it was filmed yesterday in a lot of places. It's fascinating and even without an ounce of knowledge in Basketball, I think Jordon really is right up there as one of the greatest athletes of all time.

The Black Demon

Do not waste your time
I love a good shark movie but nearly every shot involving the shark is in the trailer. Only the final shot isn't.
The rest is a terrible mix of family drama, oil = bad, sledgehammer environmentalism and hokey Aztec religious BS.
There was something odd about the colour palette too. Everything was a bit overexposed and oversaturated. I would say "you'll see what I mean" but please don't waste your time.

blood and gold

suprisingly good film about some german deserter from the german army in ww2 team up with some girl to fight an SS division over some gold

gave it a 8/10 because it was a good watch . was a bit corney in some places, but overall it quite good

only complaint is why did they have to give the german SS the most american accents (i suspect poor voice over, but it made it funny to watch any way)

Last edited:
Last breath 8/10 was recommended it by my brother so thought I'd give it a bash. Noticed a few on here have seen it too. With it being a true story it makes it all that bit more shocking/emotional.
Watching the actual video of him slowly dying from the ROV yards from him brings home just how powerless they were.

But amazingly, all they actually had to do was switch the DP controller off and on again to which would only have taken a couple of minutes.

Spiderman - Across the Spider verse. Very impressive animation and interesting story. Solid performance from the voice actors. If you loved the first you will enjoy this one. It might even be better than the first movie. It's a tad bit long but there a reason 8/10.

Watching the actual video of him slowly dying from the ROV yards from him brings home just how powerless they were.

But amazingly, all they actually had to do was switch the DP controller off and on again to which would only have taken a couple of minutes.

Yeah I was honestly not expecting to see him twitching still. I was also amazed that the dynamic positioning system was able to steer the ship back to position in rough waves when they were struggling under manual control.

Yeah I was honestly not expecting to see him twitching still. I was also amazed that the dynamic positioning system was able to steer the ship back to position in rough waves when they were struggling under manual control.
Yeah I can't remember the exact details, but I think because it happened at night the inst/systems tech was in bed at the time.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (2023) - 9/10

A kaleidoscope of colour and music from start to finish.

The sheer volume of different artistic styles is astonishing and the fact they manage to seamlessly blend them with CGI and live action is superb.

Great music, fantastic animation that conveys a real sense of movement and plenty of humour and imaginative variations of Spider-Man.

The plot is entertaining and balances the personal with the big threats, the characters are fun, the villain is atypical if a bit underdeveloped and the settings were good, although not as varied as they could have been.

It is a bit too long as it repeats the same themes and the cliffhanger ending felt odd when an extra 20 minutes could have wrapped it all up, but I can understand why they want another film to be made.

Back
Top Bottom