What film did you watch last night?

Especially when Rebecca Ferguson turns up!
I can't remember if she's in the first two or three.

However, I do wish Tom Cruise would return to a role like he did in Collateral.
He was so good in that.
I mentioned her the other day, she arrives in Rogue Nation. Top totty :)

Collateral was fantastic, seen it a few times. It's a Michael Mann film so bound to be good and Tom acting. Love how Vincent used the Mozambique Drill to assassinate his targets.

Great film.

Last edited:
The French Connection (1971) 8/10

I haven't watched it properly for years, the car chase is the stuff of legend with no over the top effects. New York in the seventies was rough.

Mission Impossible 2 - 6/10

Some great action scenes but too 'style over substance' and some of the dialogue has aged terribly. Hunt's long floppy hair is really annoying, also too many flipping masks. Scott was a good villain though.

Mission Impossible 2 - 6/10

Some great action scenes but too 'style over substance' and some of the dialogue has aged terribly. Hunt's long floppy hair is really annoying, also too many flipping masks. Scott was a good villain though.
I never really took to MI series (by the time the later films arrived Bourne was released) the first was good albeit ludicrous. The second seemed like a session of slow-motion vanity shots of Tom.

I liked the one with the eyeball implants (as you do) was this the third?

Seemed like a reboot as the second was so over the top! It was dark and seemed to take a different direction from the second, reigning in the silly stunts (like the motorbike duel in Mi2).

Last edited:
Ended up watching the third tonight as well :D

Mission Impossible III 7.5/10

You can see the signs of quality that the series will become. It's quite an adventurous plot and some great performances. It's a lot grittier and ridiculously bleak in places, some might say too bleak. Don't think it quite has the balance the latter films have. Fun to finally see one of the masks being made (the whole vatican scene is brilliant). The second half is not as strong as the first though, from leaving to Shanghai onwards could have done with more work.

Ended up watching the third tonight as well :D

Mission Impossible III 7.5/10

You can see the signs of quality that the series will become. It's quite an adventurous plot and some great performances. It's a lot grittier and ridiculously bleak in places, some might say too bleak. Don't think it quite has the balance the latter films have. Fun to finally see one of the masks being made (the whole vatican scene is brilliant). The second half is not as strong as the first though, from leaving to Shanghai onwards could have done with more work.

Philip Seymour Hoffman's performance in this was one of his best.

Yeah completely agree, such a menacing bad guy. You really felt he was capable of anything but it was just business to him.

Such a phenomenal talent in every regard. He's one of those actors who I mourn the passing of quite regularly. He leant credibility to almost everything he was in and is responsible for one of the greatest on screen performances of all time, Lancaster Dodd in 'The Master'.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol 8.5/10

Now it's getting good :D Just a fantastic film from start to finish, this is when MI took over from Bond as king of the spy film and Cruise began cementing his position as the best action star of this century. Great supporting cast, great stunts, great gadgets

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol 8.5/10

Now it's getting good :D Just a fantastic film from start to finish, this is when MI took over from Bond as king of the spy film and Cruise began cementing his position as the best action star of this century. Great supporting cast, great stunts, great gadgets
I was always disappointed we never got more Renner, he gelled perfectly with the ensemble cast.

Back
Top Bottom