What film did you watch last night?

Creed 3 - 7.5/10

Just like every other Creed/Rocky movie, it plays out exactly as expected but you know what you're getting and it delivers. Damian/Majors is an absolute unit and shockingly quick in the boxing scenes. Wasn't keen on the stylistic element of the final fight but otherwise, a decent movie.

I quite like Jonathan Majors in the few things i've seen with him, shame he's ruined his career with the domestic abuse stuff.

Last edited:
Started to watch a hindi movie called Pathaan but stopped 10 minutes in when I discovered it may be part of a bigger 'universe' of films.

Has anyone seen the others? Do I really need to watch them first: Ek Tha Tiger, Tiger Zinda Hai, War.

The first 10 minutes of Pathaan were maybe promising...the bloodied-up good guy had just broken free of his restraints and flipped up onto his feet, the camera than 'lovingly' moved in on his face in slo mo as someone (offscreen) switched on a hairdryer(?) which proceeded to blow our hero's hair all over the place. I've a feeling, many of you may have switched off at this bit :) However, having sat in a cinema with a crowd of fun loving Indian's, It's the sort of thing that would have them cheering and whistling at the screen lol

Last edited:
Alien https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078748/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Aliens https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_i_1

Both very good films, though I find the cheesy marines in Aliens to be a little too much at times, albeit still amusing.
The special effects seem to have aged alright, considering how old those movies are now.

Nothing cheesy about those marines, they're some pretty tough hombres.

Anyway, I did the same with the first two, will hopefully watch Alien³ sometime this week. Resurrection is just pointless so will skip that.

Alien is the superior film I feel, captures the true horror of a xenomorph perfectly.

Alien https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078748/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Aliens https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_i_1

Both very good films, though I find the cheesy marines in Aliens to be a little too much at times, albeit still amusing.
The special effects seem to have aged alright, considering how old those movies are now.

Aliens visual/effects wise has aged really well IMO there is very little which roots it in the era it was produced in and the heavy use of physical sets, etc. gives it a certain immersion many movies lack. Alien might conceptually be the superior movie but I prefer Aliens as it really transports you into its world in a way Alien doesn't.

Rogue Nation - 9/10

Even better than Ghost Protocol. Ferguson is absolutely class, the whole Vienna sequence is so well done. Think Pegg is great in this one too, great comic balance without being irritating. Excited to watch Fallout again, only seen that one once so don't remember a lot of it.

Started to watch a hindi movie called Pathaan but stopped 10 minutes in when I discovered it may be part of a bigger 'universe' of films.

Has anyone seen the others? Do I really need to watch them first: Ek Tha Tiger, Tiger Zinda Hai, War.

The first 10 minutes of Pathaan were maybe promising...the bloodied-up good guy had just broken free of his restraints and flipped up onto his feet, the camera than 'lovingly' moved in on his face in slo mo as someone (offscreen) switched on a hairdryer(?) which proceeded to blow our hero's hair all over the place. I've a feeling, many of you may have switched off at this bit :) However, having sat in a cinema with a crowd of fun loving Indian's, It's the sort of thing that would have them cheering and whistling at the screen lol
I thought it was crap

Raiders of the Lost Ark

I mean its just a spectacular film in every way

the early scene where Indy and Marcus describe the ark story, and that music starts, so good

the truck chase is one of the best set piece action sequences ever

the music - truck chase, the way the music speeds up when the truck speeds up
but the well of the souls music (and when they open the ark) my god it is epic

10 out of 10 out of 10 out of 10

Mission Impossible - Fallout 9/10

I think I slightly prefer Rogue Nation but it's marginal.
The whole end sequence is just brilliant though, tying everything back into MI3. Think Cavill is one of the weaker villains of the series though. Made all the more noticeable considering the excellent Harris is still in this one.

7/10

Thought it was better than the first one, and better than what I was expecting.

The under water scenes were pretty good, storyline was OK but full of one-dimensional characters. Action scenes were good, more...focused...than the first film.

Not going to be able to watch Alien³ this week now but hopefully I'll have some time on Sunday.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

I mean its just a spectacular film in every way

the early scene where Indy and Marcus describe the ark story, and that music starts, so good

the truck chase is one of the best set piece action sequences ever

the music - truck chase, the way the music speeds up when the truck speeds up
but the well of the souls music (and when they open the ark) my god it is epic

10 out of 10 out of 10 out of 10
Definitely one of if not the best action adventure films ever made.

Raiders - 9
Temple of Doom - 7
Last crusade - 8
Crystal skull - 5
Dial of destiny - ?

Mission Impossible - Fallout 9/10

I think I slightly prefer Rogue Nation but it's marginal.
The whole end sequence is just brilliant though, tying everything back into MI3. Think Cavill is one of the weaker villains of the series though. Made all the more noticeable considering the excellent Harris is still in this one.
Sean Harris was a fantastic villain and probably my favourite of the baddies out of all the series, however i've never seen a role I didn't rate him in highly.

Last edited:
Titanic 1997, still a very enjoyable film, some shots of the ship though i feel have aged badly, there are parts where it looks like cardboard with crew and passengers walking on it, but the soundtrack, cast, action scenes and love story are top notch !! think i will try true lies or the abyss next, never seen them. 8/10

Last edited:
Merantau - 6.5/10

Decided I want to watch some more of Gareth Huw Evans films (The Raid director) So I started with his first one. The actions scenes are great, the rest of the film....less so. Acting is variable. The two white bad guys in particular are absolutely atrocious. The plot is...passable although the final 25 mins or so really drags. It's no The Raid but you can see the promise in the fight scenes and Uwais is a good lead.
It's funny how the bad guys remember that guns exist for exactly one scene where they need to dramatically kill a character then proceed to forget about them again for the rest of the film. The last scene is also very jarring. All along we've had these two European playboy type characters who hire thugs to protect them while they get down to their real business of rape and human trafficking. Then suddenly in the last scene with no groundwork laid they are suddenly martial arts experts. Did make me laugh.

Back
Top Bottom