What film did you watch last night?

Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny - 6/10
It's not that bad, leans heavily into the previous films for sequences. PWB's character is quite awful though, though it could be a statement of young people today compared to older generations. :cry:

The opening 1945 sequence is actually quite good.

Insidious - The Red Door

Erm hard one to score. V slow start and the jump scares were naff (cheap crap cgi) but there were some good build up moments and it was quite tense. Story as always with these films was a bit daft. It seems to forget the last film happened (which to be fair, it was rubbish).

6/10. Wont watch again and probably wont bother with another Insidious film.

Last edited:
Watchmen https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

I've tried watching this twice now, IIRC, though I find it to go on for too long.

Quite entertaining, though.
Pretty much the pinnacle of superhero movies for me - i'm drawn in from the moment of the opening to the end credits and have always watched in a single sitting, that said, much harder to watch these days with limited time and a child around most of the waking hours :D

I've probably watched it 6+ times since it came out, including the 3.5 hour ultimate cut twice.

It's somewhat depressing how much of a mess Snyder made of this subsequent movies, 300 and Watchmen are classics and he should have killed it at DC, instead, he helped kill DC. ;)

Last edited:
Nefarious (2023) 8/10

90 minutes flown by. Pretty interesting conversations between the convict and the shrink. +10 for the convict's performance, -2 for the shrink's.

Last edited:
Pretty much the pinnacle of superhero movies for me - i'm drawn in from the moment of the opening to the end credits and have always watched in a single sitting, that said, much harder to watch these days with limited time and a child around most of the waking hours :D

I've probably watched it 6+ times since it came out, including the 3.5 hour ultimate cut twice.

It's somewhat depressing how much of a mess Snyder made of this subsequent movies, 300 and Watchmen are classics and he should have killed it at DC, instead, he helped kill DC. ;)
Yeah Watchmen is up there as one of my favourite superhero films. Absolutely superb, dark, gritty and that ending. Amazing.

Funnily enough I also watched Watchmen yesterday for the first time from beginning to end, excellent movie and I wish Snyder had taken the same style and approach with the DC movies!

Last edited:
Clown - 7/10

A mid budget horror where a man finds an old clown suit in a locked chest and uses it to stand in last minute for his sons birthday party. Afterwards he can't take off the nose or the wig and the clothes are too tight to remove, it descends into quite a horrid nightmare from there. +1 point for starring Peter Stormare.

Yeah Watchmen is up there as one of my favourite superhero films. Absolutely superb, dark, gritty and that ending. Amazing.

IIRC, the film has a much different ending than the comic.

In the film, the villain turns people against Dr. Manhattan.

In the comic, the villain teleports in a big massive squid monster he made so that the world units to fight aliens.

Transformers: rise of the beasts.

3/10 have to say it's by far one of the worst ones. Story is rushed,issuing pieces and even their own version of iron man that felt ridiculous even though it had a link.

Last edited:
IIRC, the film has a much different ending than the comic.

In the film, the villain turns people against Dr. Manhattan.

In the comic, the villain teleports in a big massive squid monster he made so that the world units to fight aliens.

As much I love the comic too I think the movies ending is far better and a welcome change.

Interstellar 10/10

Rewatched this again today. One of the very few films that scores a 10/10. Is there a better soundtrack to a film? I think not.

Along with Memento, one of my favourite of Nolans movies - the music as you say is unbeatable, Zimmers best as well.

Like many directors, as soon as he's doing his own movies, the issues of his poor writing comes up. With Watchmen and 300, Synder used the comics directly as the storyboards, and the stories and characters are much better for it.

Transformers ROTB.
2/10
Started off dire, As soon as the animal robots started talking I felt like I was watching something akin to a CBBC show. Optimus continually stating were going home got anoying.

Why the hell wasn't scourge modelled on the original character... Anyway fell asleep half way through and have no intention on watching again.

1 point for og Optimus prime and 1 point for og Mirage.

Avoid.

Back
Top Bottom