What film did you watch last night?

Just finished the Fellowship of the Ring.
I try and watch the trilogy and the Hobbit films at lest twice a year.

We will never see a greater trilogy than the Lord of the Rings.

4k Blu-ray with Atmos. Brilliant transfer.

Recently watched the Extended Edition of FoTR (couldn't watch Alien³ with the kids :rolleyes: :D) and a part of me was dreading having to sit through it again since I've seen the standard version a few times already.

Loved it, and now looking forward to watching the The Two Towers...

Old.

Thought it was an interesting concept at the time of release, never got round to watching it though. Absolutely terrible in every way possible. Looks and feels very low budget with foreign wooden actors.
Just abysmal, the only reason I got to the end was to see how they were going to conclude it which was just as daft as how it started. 1/10

End of Watch

I forgot what happened in it and thought better watch it again before I remember.

Intense film that keeps you glued. I like the style and there are some short 20 second interludes that work really well.

8/10
I'd put this up there as one of the top movies of the 2010's - great action, music, well paced story - just drips that dirty LA underworld atmosphere.

Gyllenhall had a fantastic run around that time - Nightcrawler, Prisoners, End Of Watch, Nocturnal Animals, Southpaw, Enemy.

Asteroid City - 6/10

Definitely not for everyone, as is the case with most Wes Anderson productions. Pretty entertaining story if you can get into it.

Studio 666 - 6.5/10 - quite a fun horror romp with excessive amounts of gore, story is average horror fare but is carried by the fun you can tell the cast is having throughout.

Grohl is a natural comedy actor, guy literally just seems to be living his best life.

Old.

Thought it was an interesting concept at the time of release, never got round to watching it though. Absolutely terrible in every way possible. Looks and feels very low budget with foreign wooden actors.
Just abysmal, the only reason I got to the end was to see how they were going to conclude it which was just as daft as how it started. 1/10

Laughable isn't it.

"HE DIED THROUGH LACK OF ATTENTION"

I'd put this up there as one of the top movies of the 2010's - great action, music, well paced story - just drips that dirty LA underworld atmosphere.

Gyllenhall had a fantastic run around that time - Nightcrawler, Prisoners, End Of Watch, Nocturnal Animals, Southpaw, Enemy.
David Ayer is certainly one of the best for depicting the underbelly of LA. I'm also a fan of Harsh Times which has a similar feeling of looming danger.

Yeah Jake Gyllenhaal has a superb back catalogue, Nocturnal Animals is one of my favourites and I still need to watch Southpaw.

David Ayer is certainly one of the best for depicting the underbelly of LA. I'm also a fan of Harsh Times which has a similar feeling of looming danger.
It's a shame his vision for Suicide Squad got ripped apart and re-edited to the trash we got after Deadpool did so well - early trailers had a far different feel.

MI7 (Mission Impossible - Dead reckoning Part One)

I found it incredibly predictable and safe, with very little of the inventiveness in the gadgets or fun espionage of the previous films.

6/10

End of Watch

I forgot what happened in it and thought better watch it again before I remember.

Intense film that keeps you glued. I like the style and there are some short 20 second interludes that work really well.

8/10
I recently watched this again, great film.
It very much keeps you on the edge of your seat for the duration.

Watched over the weekend.

Mission Impossible DR, echoing other reviews fantastic 8.5/10.

Blackberry, 7/10 enjoyed seeing the story of Rim and the stark difference between the Co CEO's

SISU, 7/10 bloody and gory, if you want to see loads of Nazis meeting horrific deaths give it a shot.

Asteroid City, 5/10 not my cup of tea, don't get me wrong the acting is Stella, I jumped in as the trailer had a lot of sci-fi elements, most of this is from the "first act" of the film it then got a bit boring in my opinion. Some funny moments too.

Back
Top Bottom