What film did you watch last night?

Die Hard 2

There are some grizzly deaths and one explosive moment that is quite shocking when the stakes ramp up, plus a great twist. But beyond that, this film drags in places. It’s just not that fun seeing Bruce being told what to do a thousand times.

Aesthetically the airport setting is just a bit drab and flat.

Definitely my least favourite of the original 3.

6/10

Die Hard 2

There are some grizzly deaths and one explosive moment that is quite shocking when the stakes ramp up, plus a great twist. But beyond that, this film drags in places. It’s just not that fun seeing Bruce being told what to do a thousand times.

Aesthetically the airport setting is just a bit drab and flat.

Definitely my least favourite of the original 3.

6/10

Yup it's nowhere near as good as the first or third.

First imo is best, third one is lifted by Samuel L Jackson.

Continuing our MCU catch up before GOTG3 - we started Black Panther 2 last night, got about half way through before I just decided to go to bed as I was so bored, for such a long movie, very little of interest going on.

I thought BP1 was good enough, not exactly one of the better MCU movies but kept my attention all the way through, think this one is really suffering the lack of Chadwick, he had presence.

Constantine just starting again .. one of the best films out there .. soon to have a second added to it .. 2025 ? :)

Apparently that was scrapped (again) after James Gunn took over the DCEU at WB. Same as Henry Cavill was back as Superman, then scrapped again when Gunn arrived and everything shook out.

Last edited:
Apparently that was scrapped (again) after James Gunn took over the DCEU at WB. Same as Henry Cavill was back as Superman, then scrapped again when Gunn arrived and everything shook out.
Oh FFS - I remember seeing the Reeves interview where he said it's the one project he'd do if he could do anything and had such hopes for another movie :(

Oh FFS - I remember seeing the Reeves interview where he said it's the one project he'd do if he could do anything and had such hopes for another movie :(

Yeah, and they even did the announcement for it, just like they announced Cavill was back in the suit. Then they changed their minds because it doesn't match Gunn's new vision of doing all his own favourite characters that no one else has heard of.

Continuing our MCU catch up before GOTG3 - we started Black Panther 2 last night, got about half way through before I just decided to go to bed as I was so bored, for such a long movie, very little of interest going on.

I thought BP1 was good enough, not exactly one of the better MCU movies but kept my attention all the way through, think this one is really suffering the lack of Chadwick, he had presence.
Watched the rest of this last night, really struggling to say anything good about it, proper bottom of the barrel MCU stuff alongside Thor 4, Iron Man 3, Captain Marvel.

I think what was quite jarring as a comic nerd, I don't like the representation of Namor, been reading his stories on and off since my stepdad gave me a bunch of silver age comics in my teens and was hoping they'd do him justice, nope - just another throwaway villain.

5/10 and that's adding a point for tugging my heart strings a little with the Chadwick moments.

Back
Top Bottom