What film did you watch last night?

The Equalizer 1 (7/10) and 2 (7.5/10)

Never seen these before, or in fact much Denzel. Enjoyed them, the first was a bit by the numbers but the second was better imo. Do find it funny that both end in a Home Alone 2 style trap sequence though.

I started watching Harry Pottery films the start of the week as they popped up on my Netflix.

They’re actually, ok, I think. I guess I have liked them as I’ve basically watched one a night every night this week. They definitely haven’t lived up to the hype though.

I started watching Harry Pottery films the start of the week as they popped up on my Netflix.

They’re actually, ok, I think. I guess I have liked them as I’ve basically watched one a night every night this week. They definitely haven’t lived up to the hype though.

They hold a very specific, nostalgia drenched spot in a few peoples hearts who grew up with them but objectively speaking there's probably only 4 decent ones, two of which are truly excellent (Prisoner of Azkaban and Order of the Phoenix).

PoA is just stylistically immense and OotP is the only one outside of that which feels genuine. Goblet of Fire is my least favorite, feels like production line twaddle.

Last edited:
I watched Time to Hunt as it had been on my list forever. Quite disappointed actually. I'd heard good things about this somewhere, was hoping for a good Korean (action?) thriller. But it seemed very cheap, not much world-building considering it was supposed to be near-future apocalyptic-ish. Yeah. Shame. Didn't think the acting was great either, and the cinematography was pants too. 4/10.

Expend4bles - 4/10

I'm generally quite easily pleased by big Hollywood blockbusters, but this was pretty bad. The acting, the script... the casting. Generally, not good. It is only about 1hr 45 mins though, which is good...

Bottoms 6/10

American satirical teen sex comedy film directed by Emma Seligman...

Wtf did I just watch? I laughed but even though I knew it was garbage it was bizarrely garbage, I can't put my finger on it. Like someone puked on a table then picked out all the carrots to eat again.

Oddly violent, extremely weird, funny in parts just because it didn't seem to hold back on anything when it felt like it.
Lesbian lads movie... Weird AF lol

Well they were made for 12 year olds, so unless you're in that age group watching it for the first time it's not going to hit hard

Killers of the Flower Moon (2023) - 8/10

A captivating story of the greed of the white man as they steal the money from the Osage through marriage and murder.

The devil truly wears a white suit and a permanent smile as they ruthlessly take advantage of the simple and peaceful Indians, with corruption rife in their small town/reservation.

It’s a very long film and it meanders loosely through its plot, but it was never boring. The acting was superb and the artistic style and design of the period was great with plenty of tribal culture amongst the white American.

Well they were made for 12 year olds, so unless you're in that age group watching it for the first time it's not going to hit hard

Fair enough, missed the boat on it then. I’m going to give the fantastic beasts a go as well.

I’m going to see Killers of the Flower Moon tomorrow at the cinema. So looking forward to that Bobby De Niro is class in all his films.

Cold Manor Creek (2003)

Picked this on a whim and went in blind.

Overall, dreadful. Everything was signposted so obviously that there were no surprises. I was curious to see where it went but ultimately zero payoff. Notably, the film was blighted by a truly terrible ‘ominous piano’ that would kick in like a Goosebumps TV special.

Where the film truly lost me was the ‘snake scene’ - deployed on the audience after playing it straight for around 45 mins - which is just so terrible it has to be seen to be believed.

Try and make it through this without laughing! I’m actually stunned that the only version available on YouTube (1) isn’t the full version, (2) is without the original sound and (3) is super low quality, because the original version is comedy gold.

*mild warning for a snake meeting it’s demise*

Last edited:
Source Code - 7.5 / 10

Jake Gyllenhaal in a rather different 'groundhog day' / time travel type movie (trying not to give anything away). I think it's rather full of plot holes, but it's an enjoyable, reasonable short watch.

Back
Top Bottom