What film did you watch last night?

:o - for those that don’t get the reference, there’s another character who has a disfigured hand and constantly grosses everyone out with it. The childishness of some of those scene did amuse me, I can’t deny it!
I found the stuff with the guy in the wheelchair tired even when it came out back then - however the scenes with Hansons hand make me chuckle quite immaturely.

Beyond the Black Rainbow. 7 / 10

Low budget, highly stylised 80s inspired SciFi / Thriller / Horror / oddness. Went in blind but came out of it with an interesting interpretation of what I thought the film was trying to convey.

Equalizer 3 - Denzel doing Denzel things.... Fairly brutal fight scenes at times but no better or worse than the other 2. Saturday night movie - nothing to write home about but solid 7/10.

I can't see a 4th coming as he was certainly looking "old" at times in this movie and to keep the hitman / killer going is a bit silly now. Can see spin off for sure

Equalizer 3 - Denzel doing Denzel things.... Fairly brutal fight scenes at times but no better or worse than the other 2. Saturday night movie - nothing to write home about but solid 7/10.

I can't see a 4th coming as he was certainly looking "old" at times in this movie and to keep the hitman / killer going is a bit silly now. Can see spin off for sure

Maybe they could do a prequel with John David Washington.

Weighed in all 3 ep's of The Continental, 3/10 junk cash in with so much budget cutting green screens/random talentless actors bar Mel and the guy who was in Sons as the snakey detective... If you think those Marvel series cash in's are pants, you haven't seen nothing yet!

I watched it with an open mind but from the start the brother with the long hair thinking he's keanu etc already annoyed me, and the way the fighting is so badly done and slow, if it's a bad guy they always are slow to respond and just die, if it's a 'hero' they always win or make shots/hits that are poorly timed yet perfectly aimed, makes zero sense, and yeah the cgi/green screen fest is ridiculous for a franchise that did so well/had 4 sequels, it had the potential to be amazing, instead you end up with a semi woke load of nonsense. Utter junk. Do not waste the 4.5 hours!!!

Lets hope Keanu and Ana De Armas make it right with Ballerina...

The Exorcist for the second time in fifty years. I did not remember much of it now from the first viewing but it exceeded my expectations for a seventies horror movie. Quite good.

Hah funnily enough I watched The Exorcist 3 last night. I've always had a high opinion of it but it's probably been 20 years since I last watched it - I seemed to notice so many more little details this time around.

John Wick 4

A surprisingly slow burner at the start, but inevitability took over and we we're back to the usual business. Ending was very predictable.

The reference to The Warriors film was a nice touch, just wrong location.

6/10

Weighed in all 3 ep's of The Continental, 3/10 junk cash in with so much budget cutting green screens/random talentless actors bar Mel and the guy who was in Sons as the snakey detective... If you think those Marvel series cash in's are pants, you haven't seen nothing yet!

I watched it with an open mind but from the start the brother with the long hair thinking he's keanu etc already annoyed me, and the way the fighting is so badly done and slow, if it's a bad guy they always are slow to respond and just die, if it's a 'hero' they always win or make shots/hits that are poorly timed yet perfectly aimed, makes zero sense, and yeah the cgi/green screen fest is ridiculous for a franchise that did so well/had 4 sequels, it had the potential to be amazing, instead you end up with a semi woke load of nonsense. Utter junk. Do not waste the 4.5 hours!!!

Lets hope Keanu and Ana De Armas make it right with Ballerina...
I watched the first episode and didn't bother with the other two. Didn't grab me at all.

It Follows (2014)

Started off well enough, but lost its way with lots of walking and driving around. The least said about the ending the better.

5/10
Cant agree, think it was a solid movie and one of the better horrors of recent times, great atmosphere and feel throughout, might feel a little tired now with the relentless 80's resurgence but it came around right at the start of it all.

The Burial (2023) - Amazon Prime original.

6/10

Seemed like a court room drama with Jamie Foxx and Tommy Lee Jones so I was immediately interested. In the end it's quite slow and not that much of it is in the actual court room. Tommy Lee Jones age is definitely showing and Jamie Foxx is as charismatic as ever. But still quite boring in the end and a bit too long. Based on a true story, if that's your thing.

rp2000

The Exorcist for the second time in fifty years. I did not remember much of it now from the first viewing but it exceeded my expectations for a seventies horror movie. Quite good.

This movie gave me nightmares as a kid. So too scared to watch it now despite being able to watch everything else lol.

Scary Movie 2

Never saw this back in the day. There’s a childishness to the humour that’s quite appealing, and the actress who
plays Cindy is genuinely funny, but it’s relentlessly ableist which has aged very badly. It’s sort of amazing that this was ever thought of as being socially acceptable and it really wasn’t that long ago.

5/10
The first 1 had some decent parodies of scream though, like frame by frame shots of the same scenes, so I respected that at the time...
The bit with the black news crew is amazing too! I would link it but swearing...

This is a classic though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom