What film did you watch last night?

The Grudge (2004) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0391198/

I saw this mentioned a few posts back, and I couldn't recall which one I had seen, so this had me curious.

I really enjoyed this, the mix of actors worked very well, especially Sarah Michelle Gellar and the Japanese detective (among others).
I thought I recognised her in something else (Buffy), though I don't believe I've taken the time to watch her in anything before. I might have to look up and see what else she has featured in.

There are some very creepy moments in this, it's very well done and put together.

Last edited:
V for Vendetta.

First time in 4k and HDR. With such a dark film, I didn't think that HDR would make that much of a difference. I was wrong. It looks so good.

It's not the same as the graphic novel, but it's a damn good film. Great cast performances, especially from Stephen Rea. The actual look and feel of the film is superb.

Then I started on a yet another re-watch of Red Dwarf from the first episode. :D

hard boiled - never seen it before - insanity on screen. Its amazing how much things explode when hit by bullets
TMNT 2 - pretty bad. vanilla ice was probably the highlight
the 3 amigos - still reasonably entertaining after all these years

the 3 amigos - still reasonably entertaining after all these years
Very silly fun film. Also possibly the last time Chevy Chase was funny too.

Ny8lMvu.gif

The Lost Footage of Leah Sullivan - 5.5/10

I've always had a soft spot for found footage horror, sadly this one didn't really add anything new to the mix, moving through the standard beats to an ending that was fairly easy to see coming. A few moments that had me on edge but overall, fairly average.

Quiz Lady - Its on Disney plus. Was an enjoyable watch to spend the evening and i liked how the sisters interacted. I like watching films with Awkwafina in them, a film with her and the Rock would be an easy watch list for casual viewing.

Back
Top Bottom