What film did you watch last night?

Retribution - latest Liam Neeson plays a hard man out for justice.......and then you realise it's actually not and most of the film is set in his car and a bit cerebral.

It's one of his weaker recent films, and you can sort of guess the ending without too much effort.

Probably a 6/10. Normally such a rating wouldn't merit a rewatch, but it's Liam Neeson so I will inevitably watch it again one day!

rp2000

Oppenheimer 5/10

Meh. This film was way overhyped. 3 hours was so unnecessary it should have been a max of 2 hours. I also don't get why they decided to constantly jump around back and forth through the timelines a bad editing idea. It just added confusion to the story they were trying to tell. The last hour was quite a bore and really dragged on. I did enjoy the science aspects, recruiting a team and bomb making aspects so the film started well but overall I was bored by the end. They should have taken more note of the similar story 'The Imitation Game' to learn how to do a film like this justice. Pitty.

The Abyss Special Edition - 7.5/10

This has been on my to watch list for quite a long time. Really impressive atmosphere throughout. End was weird and not at all what I was expecting, think I would have preferred less 'answers' but there we go.

Last edited:
The Abyss Special Edition - 7.5/10

This has been on my to watch list for quite a long time. Really impressive atmosphere throughout. End was weird and not at all what I was expecting, think I would have preferred less 'answers' but there we go.

Have you seen the theatrical cut?

I think the whole ‘waves’ bit is omitted from the theatrical version.

Last edited:
Persuaded the other half to watch a 80's classic today. Return of the Living Dead

It's nice to get her to watch a proper 80's pop culture zombie flick. Tarman is legendary, and Trash... Well my other half said "she'll catch her death of cold" Well, not quite, and she did keep her leg warmers on. :D

It's a great film. Sequals, not so much sadly.

iUVXr7u.gif

Persuaded the other half to watch a 80's classic today. Return of the Living Dead

It's nice to get her to watch a proper 80's pop culture zombie flick. Tarman is legendary, and Trash... Well my other half said "she'll catch her death of cold" Well, not quite, and she did keep her leg warmers on. :D

iUVXr7u.gif
I watched this on repeat as a kid :)

Oppenheimer 5/10

Meh. This film was way overhyped. 3 hours was so unnecessary it should have been a max of 2 hours. I also don't get why they decided to constantly jump around back and forth through the timelines a bad editing idea. It just added confusion to the story they were trying to tell. The last hour was quite a bore and really dragged on. I did enjoy the science aspects, recruiting a team and bomb making aspects so the film started well but overall I was bored by the end. They should have taken more note of the similar story 'The Imitation Game' to learn how to do a film like this justice. Pitty.
Saw this at imax. I think unless you have the large screen and the sound system i would knock off a couple of points from my score

iUVXr7u.gif
Pretty sure that GIF is from Part 2! (could be wrong) Part 2 was my favourite.

edit: best I add what I watched last... er. recently.

Terminator 8/10
Day of the Dead 8/10
Class of 1984 6/10

the reason I went with these 3 movies was because I was looking through some old photos and noticed one of my brother. That particular photo was taken the day after he rented those 3 videos out from the local Video Venue in Spondon, Derby. I watched them with him. I was 9 years old. I loved my Brother. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom