What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Creation of the Gods Pt1- Kingdom of Storms. A chinese film based on one of the real classic books of chinese mythology. Reminded me very much of the Sinbad era :) Evil wizards, monsters, demons, mad rulers and bucket loads spent on production. A lot of fun, well acted, cant wait for part 2

Permabanned
True Lies

Always a fun time this. Very glossy and expensive looking, balanced out nicely with the light hearted fun and humour. I doubt a comedy thriller will ever get this sort of money behind it again.

It’s not perfect, as some of the action scenes could have been trimmed to reduce the pretence hefty run time. The villain is also a pure disposable goofball and maybe a bit of time could have been taken to give him a bit more screen time. Or would that have upset the balance?

Regardless, it holds up well!

7.5/10
Do you remember this re-cut from years ago :cry:

Caporegime
I remember watching True Lies at home on video around 1995 (So I was 12/13) and thinking - Wow that daughter is fugly.

Then watching Buffy a few years later and wondering who the hottie other slayer 'Faith' was.

Same girl, go figure.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Dances with Wolves - brilliant, never seen it before but knew it was quite a long movie. Loved the story and character interaction as well as the message it sent. Classic gem. 8/10.
The Last of the Mohicans - it was alright nothing spectacular. Didnt realise it was Daniel Day Lewis. Probably wasnt a fair assessment cause i watched Dances before hand lol. 6/10.

Last edited:
Soldato
All Quiet on the Western Front (2022)

I know I am going to go against the grain here but I can't say I was a big fan.

It's grim, and yes I know it's supposed to be but it was just grim, not much else. I couldn't get into any of the characters, mostly didn't really have a clue who anyone was, each time one of them time died, it was like who? Until the last 2 of them I guess. I didn't think the acting was great, the general for example very cheesy character. There was no story really. No good music either, infact I found the sounds quite irritating at times, random clash of military drums, out of the blue etc, often seeminly not even fitting the scene.

Good cinematics, scenery, props etc all great, but I dunno, felt pretty souless.

4/10

Soldato
Jules
8/10 for an easy watch. Nice film, interesting concept. Some underlying serious issues (dementia etc) but really fun for a non-offensive family movie.

Caporegime
Batman Begins feels most like Gotham, the rest just feel like normal cities. Although the latest Batman did Gotham better than any of Nolan's trilogy. I think Bale's acting was the best in Begins too, it got more and more hammy and his Batman voice got more and more silly as we reached Rises.

Back
Top Bottom